Hello everyone, I wanted to write and give you an update on my training and where I am at. I plan on writing much more often on this site.

Approximately 17 months ago I started the 9 month night police acadmey here in Florida. During that time it was very difficult for me to keep my strength gains up even though I was able to train regularly. During the academy I had to run 2.5 to 3 miles a day 3 days a week, which for most people is not that much, but for a 320 lb. powerlifter/strongman it is like a nightmare.

I had a lot of issues with shin splints and towards the end it started to really bother my knees, which of course had a negative impact on my lifts. Also, we had to do 100's of pushups which negativly affected my bench press. I will say that my original 1.5 mile run time before the academy started was 21+ minutes and at the end it was about 13.5minutes.

That does not mean that I was in terrible shape going in just means my body was not built for long distance running. In fact during defensive tactics I was often one of the least tired during the endurance drills. It is a much different type of cardio. I was also in the top half of the class in sprinting and by far the best in the verticle jump despite the fact that I out weighed everyone in the class by an average of 120+ lbs. I was also the 4th best in the obsticle course.

As I mentioned above the academy training took a toll on my lifting despite my best efforts. When I finished the academy I got a job at the Lakeland Police Department. During the first six weeks we were running about the same amount as the regular academy. This took me into approximately August 2012 before I could resume my regular training.

Since I have not had to do the long distance running my body feels great and I have been hitting big pr's in the gym. Before the academy my best bench was in the mid 500 (raw) now I am repping the same weights.

I owe a lot of this success to Chris and AtLarge nutrition. I have been regularly taking Nitrean, Results, ETS, and Fish Oil and I feel great. These products have helped me return to my previous strength levels in just 5 months. I am now the strongest I have ever been, and look forward to a great year.

I will be posting regular artiles on here and hope someone can benefit from it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Weech