Thread: Cain/Bigfoot 2???

Cain/Bigfoot 2???

Is anyone else not interested in this reported match up? The speed difference is unreal. I'd like to see Silva against maybe Struve. Also dislike how they tied Werdum up with Big Nog and TUF. Feel like him vs Cain would be an interesting match up.

I am interested in the Dos Santos/Overeem fight since both are coming off bad losses.
    Last edited by joey54; 02-12-2013 at 10:51 AM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Is anyone else not interested in this reported match up? The speed difference is unreal. I'd like to see Silva against maybe Struve. Also dislike how they tied Werdum up with Big Nog and TUF. Feel like him vs Cain would be an interesting match up.

I am interested in the Dos Santos/Overeem fight since both are coming off bad losses.
    Are they really thinking about doing this again? I guess there is really no one else until Werdum vs Nog is over and really only Werdum deserves it if he wins.

Werdum is getting screwed. He beat big foot, but big foot gets the title shot?
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Well, Werdum and Bigfoot fought quite awhile ago. Since that time they both beat Fedor, Bigfoot lost to Cormier and Cain, Werdum lost to Overeem. Bigfoot beat Arlovski and Overeem, while Werdum lost to both of them. He also beat Travis Browne recently, who was favored in their fight. Werdum's other two wins since the Bigfoot fight are Roy Nelson and Mike Russow in the UFC.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Arlovski beat Werdum some time back too, that wasn't recent at all. Just for clarification.

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by krazylarry View Post
    Werdum is getting screwed. He beat big foot, but big foot gets the title shot?
    Believe me Werdum is not getting screwed at all. He's already filming the next TUF Brazil. If you didn't know MMA has blown up in Brazil and this will be huge for his career. On top of that he has a fight with Nog who is past his prime and someone he should be heavily favored against. I'd be shocked if he lost that fight.

Not interested at all. I'd rather see Cain against:

Mir
    Barnett
    Hunt
    JDS again
    Nelson

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Not interested at all. I'd rather see Cain against:

Mir
    Barnett
    Hunt
    JDS again
    Nelson

Agreed.
    Yea I agree completely except for Nelson. Barnett is not signing with the UFC unfortunately he's already turned them down.

Why they hell did Barnett turn them down? They must have low balled him good, like 500 to show, no win bonus.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Probably something to do with pro wrestling which he does from time to time.

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by krazylarry View Post
    Why they hell did Barnett turn them down? They must have low balled him good, like 500 to show, no win bonus.
    Im not sure what happend but this is most likely it. I personally don't blame the UFC he's tested positive three times already. He just doesn't really seem worth the risk espicially if you have him as the main/co-main event.

I think the rumor I heard going around was that Barnett's manager or management team turned down the UFC offer over getting a percentage of the pay per view cut. I love watching Josh Barnett fight and he has great charisma but with three failed drug tests and having the reputation of being personally responsibly for dooming a promotion (Affliction- although I think they played a big part in their own downfall) I don't think he is in a good enough position to play hard ball. Especially being on the tail end of his career and coming off a loss.

Personally I have little interest in Bigfoot/Cain II and I think it will be the same as the first bout but with MMA half the time I think that I get surprised by some big upset.

At this time it is really the only fight they have for Cain except if Cormier beats Mir. But they are friends and won't fight. Better he fight than wait out until another contender emerges. JDS needs to re-establish before he gets another shot. If Mir beats Cormier, and he might, than he is still just one fight removed from a bad JDS loss. Roy Nelson, Stefan Struve, and Mark Hunt don't have enough recent wins. If Werdum beats Big Nog, he won't be ready for another fight until late fall.

Just get under the bar!