Thread: Sore shoulder.....nice.....

Sore shoulder.....nice.....

Ok well my shoulder is getting more painful now for the last 2 weeks or so and I'm pissed off.

I knew this was coming, and now my shoulder has been extra painful the last 3 days since I started doing paused close grip benches again. I've just finished another session of it now and my shoulder is even more sore...Yay.

I posted a thread a while ago about flaring on the close grip bench press. Now I flare sometimes on any grip but the close grip somehow makes me flare really bad and it fucks up my left shoulder. I don't get any shoulder pain doing wide grip(index on rings) believe it or not.

This is 100 % retardedness on my part and I'm foolish for not listening to my own body, but it's too late for that now.

I can't describe exactly where the Pain is but does anyone have any recommendations here? Should I get someone to massage it or something? Was thinking of going to the doc to check it out.

Wont be benching for a while now....fucking nice...
    The only lift I'm proud of at this point is a close stance, ass to grass zercher squat of 170kg x2 at 85kg bw. If only they held zercher squat competitions...

I'm in a similar boat. Off to see an RMT tomorrow. Hopefully he can work his magic. Good Luck.
    "to teach God's word, by his own example; that we must Love all things that God made" - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

DL: 375 RAW No Belt, No Wraps, No nothing!
    SQ: 325 RAW " " "
    BP: 220 RAW " " "

Total: 920 hahaha Not quite a 1000lbs (This was done back in 2008 )

Just tweaked my rotator only a week ago after benching/DBs.

Lots of ibuprofen gel massaged right into where it hurt over a few days and it's fine now.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

You have to have a general idea of where the pain is. Front or back? High or low? Does it throb, is it sharp or is it achey?

If your elbows flaring is a big problem, take a look at your upper back and lat work. That may be lacking.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    You have to have a general idea of where the pain is. Front or back? High or low? Does it throb, is it sharp or is it achey?

If your elbows flaring is a big problem, take a look at your upper back and lat work. That may be lacking.
    Travis, most of the pain seems to be around the top of the shoulder, right at the bony part that sticks out, and also abit toward the front delt. Sharp or achey? Hmm I'd say more achey if it's at certain angles.

About back work, I do alot of rows(Pendlay, close grip underhand, t bar) and my upper back seems to be well developed. Lats arnt weak either as far as I can tell. Do you think paused reps could be causing the faring? This only started when I began doing paused close grips.

I'm gonna try some ibuprofen rub to see if it does anything
    The only lift I'm proud of at this point is a close stance, ass to grass zercher squat of 170kg x2 at 85kg bw. If only they held zercher squat competitions...

Thats your AC joint. Light, high rep shrugs will help. In addition work on some front delt mobility as well as hitting around the AC joint with a lacrosse ball.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Thats your AC joint. Light, high rep shrugs will help. In addition work on some front delt mobility as well as hitting around the AC joint with a lacrosse ball.
    Thanks Travis I'll try all of those.

Hey Travis(or anyone else for that matter) could you tell me about how high I should go on the reps for shrugs? Today I did 2 sets of 50 reps with 120lbs followed by a final sets of 65 reps with 45s in each hand. Does this seems about right?

Yeah that's fine. The idea is just to help create blood flow in the area as well as gently stretching it

Yeah that's fine. The idea is just to help create blood flow in the area as well as gently stretching it
    Thanks man. My shoulder already feels way better since I posted this. It seems like just a small injury but I'll give it some time before I go back to the bench.