Thread: Plateaus and injuries all day

Plateaus and injuries all day

I hurt my shoulder about a month ago while benching and this is still fucking me up now.

Hurt something around the AC joint, kept getting worse and worse. Started getting pains in my pec tendon and getting weak. Took a week off.

This is my 2nd session since the week off and now I still have some shoulder pain and pain in both of my biceps. My lifts are getting worse too. Haven't hit PRs on any bench variation in about a month.

I honestly thought the week off would help me but it basically did nothing and my only options from here seem to be to train more and tear my tendons up or not train, get fat lazy and weak.

Somebody's please help me out here.
    The only lift I'm proud of at this point is a close stance, ass to grass zercher squat of 170kg x2 at 85kg bw. If only they held zercher squat competitions...

Check out Kelley Starrett's mobilitywod.com site. I believe you will find movements which will help your problem.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I remember many of your posts and one specifically comes to mind where you wanted to bench multiple times a week. My response to that and still is that you need to get on some solid program. Sounds like you don't know how to train and are just injuring yourself. You need to take a step back and set up your training smartly and stop worrying about hitting a PR every week.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

I going to echo a lot of what been said in here, you need to lay off something that's obviously bothering you. Are you training for a competition? Why are you trying to PR ever week. You should lay off the benching and take this time to really bring up you back and legs. You must find the positive in the situation and not piss and moan.

Matt

Ok guys I've changed up my training abit, now doing only close grip benching and working on form with higher reps to save my shoulders. I can actually feel the bench in my lats now and feel way tighter on the bench.

@Matt thanks, I've decided that I'm gonna get serious with my zercher squats and pulls and keep getting PRs and some size on legs and back. I was just a frustrated retard when I posted this but its ok now I just need to focus on other things for a while.

KJ
    The only lift I'm proud of at this point is a close stance, ass to grass zercher squat of 170kg x2 at 85kg bw. If only they held zercher squat competitions...

Quote Originally Posted by KJDANEXT0 View Post
    Ok guys I've changed up my training abit, now doing only close grip benching and working on form with higher reps to save my shoulders. I can actually feel the bench in my lats now and feel way tighter on the bench.

@Matt thanks, I've decided that I'm gonna get serious with my zercher squats and pulls and keep getting PRs and some size on legs and back. I was just a frustrated retard when I posted this but its ok now I just need to focus on other things for a while.

KJ
    You're still missing the point. You are getting injured because you don't know what you are doing, are not on a solid training program, and are not focused on the right things. Your PR in your signature says "almost snapped my shit up". That is dumb. Keep doing what you are doing and you will get seriously injured.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)