Hey all!

New guy here, thought I'd introduce myself and get a log going.

I'm an amateur raw powerlifter... done three meets so far, and my meet PRs are 455, 270, and 500. Those were all from October 2011-January 2012... I haven't done a competition since then, for some pretty poor reasons. After the meet in January 2012, I had the bright idea to drop from the 242s to the 220s, so I lost a little bit of strength doing that... then my son was born, and I really underestimated how much willpower it would take to keep up with my training when we had a newborn in the house.

Anyways, I finally got serious about training again in the fall, so I'm now working my way back and beyond. I will say this: I'm definitely getting back on the platform in 2013.

What brings me to WBB is that I'm looking for a forum that will keep me focused on my goals. I'm an active member on another training forum (which I love) but it seems like everyone there is super-concerned about being lean. I've come to realize that it's a little counter-productive to my goals, and no one else there really empathizes with that. I mean, I'm not sloppy fat, but frankly I care more about my strength than my weight and I need to keep that in mind.

So that's me. I'm looking forward to hanging around here and getting to know you all.