The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Eggs - scrambled, and using the carton stuff.

Hey guys - just wanted to ask a few questions about how you guys do your eggs.

First, what I do;
    Every day I will have 4 or 5 large eggs - I put them in a plastic jug, add some milk, stick in the microwave for 5 minutes, then scramble it with a fork and put on a plate with some ketchup, eat as is. I imagine this will be roughly 600 kcals.

Its been recommended to me to not use the yokes as there are more calories in the yokes and the white is the important stuff.

What do you guys do? Is it quite unhealthy to be eating 4-5 yokes per day?

If so, I'm gonna move to the liquid egg whites in a carton stuff - I will still prepare scrambled egg the same way - but I hear some people use this liquid egg white in protein shakes?

How would you prepare a protein shake with egg? I use USN 100% whey protein. If I could use this to thicken up my shakes they'd be far more filling.

Cheers,
    Dan

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

In order to give you an accurate help, I need to know your current diet. Most people avoid the yoke because of the fat content. From your previous post on wannabebig I got the impression your trying to loose weight? If so, I would drop milk completely from your diet. I also add egg whites in my protein shakes. I pour about a cup of egg whites into my shake add protein powder and then blend it in the blender.

Matt

I only have semi-skimmed milk, and the only time I ever have milk is in scrambled egg and on cereal... I've already dropped bread and most carbs from my diet - don't think I could handle not having milk either.

If I can make scrambled egg in the microwave without milk then I'd be happy to try that in order to cut down?

And cheers for the note about shakes. Do you add water as normal, or just egg and powder?
    Last edited by Big Dan; 03-04-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: adding message about shakes

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bryduck View Post
    In order to give you an accurate help, I need to know your current diet. Most people avoid the yoke because of the fat content. From your previous post on wannabebig I got the impression your trying to loose weight? If so, I would drop milk completely from your diet. I also add egg whites in my protein shakes. I pour about a cup of egg whites into my shake add protein powder and then blend it in the blender.

Matt
    Matt, without knowing his diet, why drop milk completely from his diet?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I always advise people to keep the yolk. Its the whole benefit of eating the egg. I believe an egg has the single most vitamins and minerals in any food avaliable.
    2000 or bust

From a nutritional stand point, egg yolks are one of the top foods you can eat. Unless you are really trying to cut a few extra calories, leave them in your diet. I do like the pasteurized egg whites for convenience however; throwing some in shakes, low fat recipes to replace whole eggs, etc.
    Last edited by Invain; 03-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Lately I have been cutting and for breakfast I use a cup of the pasteurized egg whites and 2 or 3 whole eggs and scramble them together with some mushrooms and jalapenos (which has been "biting me" in the ass lately so to speak). Kind of gives the best of both worlds between the extra protein from the egg whites and the whole eggs.