Thread: Vomiting after workout

Wannabebig Member

Vomiting after workout

I had a great leg day today, but after my workout, I was pretty nauseous so I sat down for a little while. I felt better, so I went to take a shower and started vomiting and threw up most/if not all my Results.

Am I working out too hard? What should I do the next time I'm feeling nauseous, and should I take my results again? Its been so long since this has ever happened to me.. I'm not sure if I drank too much water and worked out just as hard as I always do or what.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Sounds like you had your first real leg day.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

20 rep squats?

That does it for me, haha!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Sounds like you had your first real leg day.
    Lol its not my first by far. I usually get a bit nauseous, but I haven't thrown up from a leg day in about 2-3 years when I was doing cardio after leg day in HS for football.

Any way to avoid the vomiting/nauseous part though? I don't want to be throwing up my Results ever Wednesday morning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    20 rep squats?

That does it for me, haha!
    I hate counting that high lol. I found a routine called Hell Raiser Training Solo or something like that on bodybuilding.com. I've been wanting to do HRT for a while, but I never have a partner and I just saw this program Sunday. Since I was stalling pretty bad and getting bored with BGB, I decided to try it out, and holy hell.. its amazing so far!

Quote Originally Posted by GWilly View Post
    ... I decided to try it out, and holy hell.. its amazing so far!
    If vomiting your pre-workout drink is "amazing" then yeah, must be...
    "Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness" - Edward Stanley

Just save the results until after you are back to feeling like normal.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 700 View Post
    If vomiting your pre-workout drink is "amazing" then yeah, must be...
    Lol vomiting isn't amazing, but the workout itself is. I've only done 2 out of the 4 days and I'm really liking it.

But throwing up Results doesn't make me happy. I still don't know if I should take some extra creatine or what.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    If you are vomiting after the workout...you are probably overdoing the training.

Maybe ease into the workout (if it calls for 5 sets of a movement then do only 3. When used to doing 3 then do 4 and so on)?

Either that or you are eating too close to the actual workout itself. I like to have about 3 hours in between a meal and the workout..closer than that leads to an upset stomach.

Vomiting after strength training 100% means you are doing something wrong. What exactly was your routine?

Wannabebig Member
    I work out within an hour of waking up in the mornings and I usually take Results about 30 mins before I get to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Vomiting after strength training 100% means you are doing something wrong. What exactly was your routine?
    This is what I did for leg day, except for the reverse hack squats. They felt too unnatural, so next week I might try front squat or something.

Leg press
    2 x 8 + 6 NEGATIVES
    Hack squat
    2 x 8 + 6 NEGATIVES
    Leg extension
    2 x 8 + 6 NEGATIVES
    Reverse hack squat
    2 x 8 + 6 NEGATIVES
    Lying leg curl
    2 x 8 + 6 NEGATIVES

The program can be found here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hellraiser-solo.html
    Last edited by GWilly; 03-28-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Wow if you vomit off that workout, I would hate for you to do one of mine. I sip my results during my workout with no problem, plus drinking water on top of that. I also eat a meal during my drive to the gym, which is a pretty big meal.

Matt

First, take RESULTS post-workout, not before.

Next, are you saying you are doing 6 negative reps after each of the 2 sets to failure?

Matt, if that is the case, that is nothing like what you do and is waaaayyyy too much on the intensity end in my mind.

I just looked at the program. Yep, it is just HIT on steroids. That program is crap and will overtrain you practically right from the get-go if you actually practice it properly.

This used to happen to me all the time, It happened at the end of every single weight session when I was in my teens, during my first year of training.

I spoke to a few nutritionists and nobody could give me a confident answer as to why I was throwing up after my workouts. The vomit was clear and tasted quite acidic so people were saying that I was vomiting out lactic acid.

It didn't make me give up though. I still kept going to the gym even though it was a sure thing that I was going to throw up. It eventually stopped happening. More recently I have also thrown-up when returning to training after having time off from the gym.

That program does seem to be a tad much. What do you squat currently weight wise ?

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    Damn , Now thats a way to finish leg day!

Wannabebig Member
    The leg workout was the only workout that I threw up on. Its not bad since I can really feel the burn from each workout so far and the rep scheme is different and interesting to me. Doing 5x5 or 3x5 or 3x10 or whatever was getting boring to me.

As far as how much I can squat, its not that much. Ever since I cut a lot of weight a few years ago, I lost a lot of muscle and I've been stuck at 225 lbs ATG for 5x5 for months on end. My quads are getting bigger but strength wise, the weight isn't increasing. For the past 7 months though, I've been working on mind-muscle connection and less on speed and power during my lifts and I've grown quite a bit.