Thread: Are these good supplements to be taking?

Are these good supplements to be taking?

I take

ON 100% Whey
    AtLarge 5mg Creatine
    Animal Pak Cuts
    GNC one a day multi

Anything I should add to this? I'm trying to cut my weight down while building bulk muscle not really looking for definition as much as muscle size. Any suggestions would help

Get rid of the ON whey and GNC multivitamin and get Nitrean + and multi-plus from atlarge. Much better products than your using now. I would stop the animal paks altogether. Are you trying to cut or bulk? Can't do both at once.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I think it's fine.

In my opinion, ON protein is the best of the worst if you don't use Atlarge.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

I'm confused? You are trying to lose weight but not seeking definition and want bigger muscles?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    I'm confused? You are trying to lose weight but not seeking definition and want bigger muscles?
    That's where he lost me.
    Last edited by D-RAS03; 04-02-2013 at 05:21 PM.

I have a dumb question that this seems like the right place to ask. What really is the difference in proteins? I understand why ALN is pushed here, and I'm sure it's a great product, but what makes it better? I'm really not being a smartass, or a dick, I just really am curious. I just placed an order for some stuff from ALN, but I normally just buy some Whey from the vitamin shoppe up the road. I appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by big ragu View Post
    I have a dumb question that this seems like the right place to ask. What really is the difference in proteins? I understand why ALN is pushed here, and I'm sure it's a great product, but what makes it better? I'm really not being a smartass, or a dick, I just really am curious. I just placed an order for some stuff from ALN, but I normally just buy some Whey from the vitamin shoppe up the road. I appreciate the info.
    Well... The stuff about it being a "superior blend" of fast, slow and well metabolized types of protein should be pretty easy to find... just read the product's page on the site. Those factors make it way better than most products on the market - but a less tangible factor is the trustworthiness of the company. I am guessing you don't know a ton about the supplement industry, but I encourage you to do some careful research - it is very unregulated and dishonest. I have seen over the few years of following ALN that they are different; I trust them to not poison me, sell me inferior ingredients or try to bullshit me. Also, Nitrean digests really well compared to most shit I've tried: no bloating, no shits... nuff said.
    Last edited by 700; 04-04-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    "Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness" - Edward Stanley

Like I said, not trying to be a dick at all. Was just curious since you're right, I don't know squat about the supplement industry. My history with supplementing is very limited mostly because I don't trust the industry based on what I've read. I bought some aln stuff and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I also really like that just about this entire site backs the company, says a lot about it.

Like I said, not trying to be a dick at all. Was just curious since you're right, I don't know squat about the supplement industry. My history with supplementing is very limited mostly because I don't trust the industry based on what I've read. I bought some aln stuff and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I also really like that just about this entire site backs the company, says a lot about it.
    Nothing wrong with being curious man ! Plain and simple, I've learnt it's just simple ingredients, used at effective dosages, with no bullshit.

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

http://www.wannabebig.com/supplement...tle-continues/. Chris has a no bullshit attitude when making his products. He puts the best in all of his products. No fillers like you will see at GNC.

I'm hoping none of that came off as me being an asshole

If so, you'd be the only non-asshole on this board.

I don't worry much about bioavailability, PDCAA, NPU etc. of proteins because most people take in multiple sources of amino acids- so the profile for each matters less. If you were JUST taking in ONE source of protein, whey or egg would be best. What's good about blends is that they DO tend to digest a bit more slowly- and, more than anything else, they contain a variety of amino acids, all in different ratios. Overall, it's much closer to eating real food than a single protein source- rather than, say, JUST drinking milk for protein, you're drinking milk, eating yogurt, and eating eggs.

That's why I'm a firm believer in blends.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Thank you. Here's another thought:how bad is it to drink multiple protein shakes in a day? Is it that much worse than food as your source?
    Last edited by big ragu; 04-04-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Take a look at my journal, keep me on the right path: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-5-3-1-Journal

I can give you my take on why Atlarges protein is superior. It doesnt send me to the bathroom a half hour after I drink it. To me thats the best endorsemenr I can give any product. I am lactose intolerant and cheap brands tear my stomach up. Atlarge is digested very easy with out any gut issues.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

I'm hoping none of that came off as me being an asshole
    Not at all man. It's a solid question. It also prevents another person from being hypnotized by all the bullshit in the industry. : )

Thank you. Here's another thought:how bad is it to drink multiple protein shakes in a day? Is it that much worse than good as your source?
    Some days all I have is protein shakes. As long as you get all your macros you should be fine as long as it doesn't upset your stomach. Solid food is a better choice but shakes work.

Quote Originally Posted by D-RAS03 View Post
    Solid food is a better choice but shakes work.
    I'm curious why people say this. Are you taking this stance because solid protein tends to contain more Amino Acid's ? Or are you referring to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopipally View Post
    I'm curious why people say this. Are you taking this stance because solid protein tends to contain more Amino Acid's ? Or are you referring to something else?
    Just that its better to get real food for your body to digest. Also it stays in your body longer.