Thread: TRT: Too much at once?

TRT: Too much at once?

My doc prescribed 125mg of test per week. This didn't seem to raise much of my low testosterone levels. He then prescribed 250mg per week. This raised it, but no beyond what was normal.

I live in a country where steroids are legal, but not really used. My doctor is informed but only as far as the blood tests are concerned. I've always had a good level of good cholesterol. At some point my good cholesterol went down to below the minimum 40. I'm at 30-35 per test. My bad cholesterol is also pretty low and so he says it all works out OK.

I took 3 months off, Clomid only, tried to see what my testosterone levels would be. Went back with a score of 90 (Average being 400-700). Felt lazy, unmotivated. Sex drive was there, focus was there too. Didn't see any drastic changes in body composition, but I'm fat so I can't really look in the mirror and say much.

That said, when I went off the TRT my blood sugar went up into the diabetic range. Once on again and properly motivated at the gym (I was working out but not as hard) all has dropped into the normal range.

Do some people just need more? Anyone have any advice on particular tests I could have done? I've had my heart, liver, kidneys all tested, all are working perfectly. I had an MRI done just in case, all is clear. I have a brain, clean, no problems. Right now it's just that low good cholesterol score that's been bugging me.

My cardiologist (Another doc I see from time to time) says "You can't worry about the little things. You're never gonna get it so that everything is perfect and even if you do, it normally won't last." And for some reason that just doesn't click with me...maybe I need a kick in the arse from someone on this forum.

I've lost 10kgs since February. I'd like to think mostly BF since I've been able to maintain or increase physical strength...but again, I'm too fat to really know from a look in the mirror.

ETA: It seems that alcohol helps to a certain degree with blood sugar levels. I've seen some of my lowest scores come after a night of even light drinking (Which I try to avoid but due to cultural circumstances I can't).

I'm thinking of asking my doctor to split my T-shots into 2...not sure if there is any advantage to that or not. I'd like to get my good cholesterol up, been taking 6 pills of fish oil a day plus the regular advice online for raising those levels. Not sure what else I can do. Everything else being normal, am I being too picky?

Any advice recommended about anything I just said. Always looking for a new look on things. Doctors CAN be wrong, CAN be right...luckily my doctors listen to what I have to say, so any advice I get here I can bring it to my doctors...tests, recommendations, etc.
    Ban Censors Donít Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

Maybe I'm missing something- what was so wrong that you came off TRT? (besides 30-35 HDL)
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something- what was so wrong that you came off TRT? (besides 30-35 HDL)
    I took a month off because of traveling and didn't (Couldn't) bring injections with me where I was going (No gels currently approved where I am). Clomid, however, was OK. Coming back to where I live, I took a bit more time before visiting my doctor for a second blood test and put back on TRT (Finishing my clomid)

TRT done in the office is cheap. Done at home and it's 3x the price. It's the way the healthcare system works here. So, I visit my doctor once a week. A pain sometimes, sometimes not so much.

No other reason.
    Last edited by synonymous; 04-18-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by synonymous View Post

I'm thinking of asking my doctor to split my T-shots into 2...not sure if there is any advantage to that or not. I'd like to get my good cholesterol up, been taking 6 pills of fish oil a day plus the regular advice online for raising those levels. Not sure what else I can do. Everything else being normal, am I being too picky?
    To the best of my knowledge, you want to split the injections up over time to keep yourself level, so that there isn't a spike and then drop. What are your test levels when you were doing 250mg a week?
    Take a look at my journal, keep me on the right path: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-5-3-1-Journal

600 when doing 250mg per week. Because of where I am, I've got the option of injecting at the doctors or taking them home, but taking them home costs double. It's the way it works here. So, I'm at the doctors once a week. If I lived near my doctor I'd go in twice a week. Finding a doctor that treats people with TRT is hard where I'm at.

I'd do an injection every 5 days or so. 600 isn't bad at all in my opinion.
    Take a look at my journal, keep me on the right path: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-5-3-1-Journal

Quote Originally Posted by big ragu View Post
    I'd do an injection every 5 days or so. 600 isn't bad at all in my opinion.
    Yeah, that would be optimal, but it's all about being able to get to the doctor on those days. I currently schedule my injections every Friday right between jobs I do. There's just enough time to see him and my work, for that day, is close enough not to be a problem. On other days, it would be much harder.

In a perfect world I would be able to find a doctor closer to home, but finding one that does TRT is not easy. Still, I'll keep looking around.

I did ask if he thought the injections were responsible for my low HDL and he said he didn't think so.

Are you using pharmacy grade test? I'm assuming so since you are going through a doctor. 600 seems really low for 250 mg/wk. Most people are in the normal range with TRT doses ranging from 100 - 200. I've seen guys post blood work with test levels well above normal on only 200 mg/wk.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Are you using pharmacy grade test? I'm assuming so since you are going through a doctor. 600 seems really low for 250 mg/wk. Most people are in the normal range with TRT doses ranging from 100 - 200. I've seen guys post blood work with test levels well above normal on only 200 mg/wk.
    Yup, at the doctors once a week. TRT is not a big thing in Japan (Where I'm at). I don't quite understand it all but, and correct me I'm wrong, is there something in the body that controls or dictates how much testosterone can be used, and if that's low then a different course of treatment is necessary? I get my next results in 2 months. I will post them up then.

Quote Originally Posted by synonymous View Post
    Yup, at the doctors once a week. TRT is not a big thing in Japan (Where I'm at). I don't quite understand it all but, and correct me I'm wrong, is there something in the body that controls or dictates how much testosterone can be used, and if that's low then a different course of treatment is necessary? I get my next results in 2 months. I will post them up then.
    I believe you are thinking of free test vs total test.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002