The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23

    Cutting diet - look over macros

    So about 5 weeks ago I started to cut my cals by about 100-200 per week and slowly work more cardio in (as to not just jump right off too deep at the start). This will be my 2nd cut, but first cut actually trying to pay attention to calories of what I'm eating (first cut last summer went badly, lost too much muscle). Started my cut at 214/215# currently weigh 211/212#, I'm 6'3", guessing around 13-15% body fat from bulking. I do 5/3/1 method for weightlifting and still have made gains over the last couple weeks with dieting down.

    One thing I'm worried about is my sugar intake during the day (wondering if I need to take out my gatorade at lunch).

    Here is what my diet looked like yesterday http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/dia...ate=2013-04-17

    This week I made pork tenderloin but 90% of the time I usually am eating grilled chicken, and I also like to eat eggs before bed time if calories allow it.

    Other supps - multi, fish oil, RESULTS

    I'm a production and quality manager at a family company so eating at work is VERY hard with being on the floor 95% of my day so a majority of my eating comes after work (4pm) if I can't fit it in during the day.

    Thanks in advance for any replies.

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23
    bump*

  4. #3
    260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Oshawa-->Toronto
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by langadang View Post
    One thing I'm worried about is my sugar intake during the day (wondering if I need to take out my gatorade at lunch).
    To apply general cutting logic here I'd day that gatorade is not calories well spent. After before or during a workout have at it. Any other time of the day I would recommend using those calories on something that requires digestion. A monosaccharide simply enters the bloodstream. There isn't a single step of digestion required the first thing that happens is absorption.

    Looking at your diet I see 38% of your carbs are sugar. That could be better but it's not urgent given that you're not eating a ton of carbs.


    Quote Originally Posted by langadang View Post
    I'm a production and quality manager at a family company so eating at work is VERY hard
    So is lunch the only meal at work?

    The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

  5. #4
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23
    I really appreciate the feedback. I cut out the gatorade at lunch this week and replaced with water, but still make up for the calories with something healthy.

    Typically I have to force myself to eat breakfast, I get up at 5am and usually chug water and don't have my breakfast (usually yogurt w/ a banana) till 6am when I get to work and sit down at my desk. This hour wait after waking up lets me build a little appetite. From there I don't eat lunch till 1130am. Those are the only two times at work I eat. Home by 4pm, which I'll have a small meal then and wait around an hour before I hit the gym. After that I usually just eat what I need, to fill out what I need for the day.

  6. #5
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by langadang View Post
    I really appreciate the feedback. I cut out the gatorade at lunch this week and replaced with water, but still make up for the calories with something healthy.

    Typically I have to force myself to eat breakfast, I get up at 5am and usually chug water and don't have my breakfast (usually yogurt w/ a banana) till 6am when I get to work and sit down at my desk. This hour wait after waking up lets me build a little appetite. From there I don't eat lunch till 1130am. Those are the only two times at work I eat. Home by 4pm, which I'll have a small meal then and wait around an hour before I hit the gym. After that I usually just eat what I need, to fill out what I need for the day.
    Sounds like Carb-backloading would fit your schedule pretty well. Its a protocol made popular by John Kiefer. Im sure you can find loads of info when you google a bit.

  7. #6
    Wannabebig Member Bulking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16
    wrap up a measured amount of nuts and dried fruit to snack on. It's one of the best snacking foods and it's pretty simple to work out how many calories it totals.

  8. #7
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Garner, IA
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Sounds like Carb-backloading would fit your schedule pretty well. Its a protocol made popular by John Kiefer. Im sure you can find loads of info when you google a bit.
    agree

Similar Threads

  1. need help with macros and diet
    By earthbuddy1 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 01:41 AM
  2. cutting macros same as bulking macros?
    By nzk in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. Another attempt with Cutting Diet not a noob diet so please read
    By NormalDude in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
  4. Macros while Bulking vs Cutting
    By SMK41 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM
  5. Help switching from bulk to cut. (diet/macros included)
    By unstop in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •