The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Jesse's Cutting Diet 8.0

Hello everybody, it has been a while since I've posted on here. Anyways, I wanted to post my cutting diet and see what you guys think. I am 26 years old, 6'2", and weigh about 232 lbs. I lift weights 3 times a week, and plan to ride my mountain bike 1-2 of the off days. I made this new diet, because I was on a keto diet, but had bad fat mal-absorption and couldn't handle it anymore. Here's my diet:

Breakfast:

Omelette: 3 whole eggs, 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp butter, veggies(spinach,shrooms,bell pepper,jalapeno,brocolli)
    1 cup of quaker oats
    1 cup of milk

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop of Nitrean+
    1 cup of quaker oats

Post Workout:
    1 scoop of Nitrean+
    1 cup of Quaker Oats

Lunch:
    8oz Chicken Breast
    1 cup of milk
    1/2 and avocado
    Banana

Evening Snack:
    Can of Tuna
    1 bag of steamed veggies(spinach,shrooms,bell pepper,brocolli)
    Apple

Dinner:
    1 scoop of Nitrean+
    1/3 cup of walnuts

Approx:3100 calories
    Protein: 247g
    Carbs: 307g
    Fat: 113g

Let me know what you think. Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would change the pre-pwo carbs to something fast acting like white rice, brown banana, or simply dextrose. I mean other then that if you lose your desired weight on those calories then go for it.
    2000 or bust

Wannabebig Member
    Alright, thanks, I'll play around with the pre and post workout carbs.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    I would change the pre-pwo carbs to something fast acting like white rice, brown banana, or simply dextrose. I mean other then that if you lose your desired weight on those calories then go for it.
    I highly believe in focussing most of my carb intake around my training session. Around 80% (a % often mentioned by John Meadows) of carbs should be peri workout. Therefore, I would actually keep the oats pre-workout and for post-workout definitely look into something fast acting (preferably liquid i.e. dextrose).
    Even better imo, is moving a part of the postworkout carbs to during the workout and combining them with BCAA's. This will give your body nutrients during training instead of waiting until you are done. You could then keep the oats and whey as a postworkout meal.

I would also add a fat source (Natural Peanut Butter or nuts) to your pre-workout meal. The slow digesting oats and the fats will make sure that you have sustained energy during your workouts.

I personally would also take out the dairy but that is a personal preference.

I personally like slightly lower carbs and higher protein but that is because carbs tend to make me hungry. As Stumprrp said, if the above diet is giving the results you are looking for then there is no need to change.

Also, the number of carbs seems pretty high based on what you are eating, but im not sure how big a cup serving is as i am not from the US.
    Last edited by LuNa; 04-24-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for all of the information, Luna! I'm going to add more fat and carb sources to my pre workout now for energy. The diet does have a lot of carbs, I was thinking about reducing each 1 cup of oats by half, because I wanted to drop the total calories a little bit anways. Any reason as to why you would get rid of the dairy? Thanks again.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by JWMagnus View Post
    Thanks for all of the information, Luna! I'm going to add more fat and carb sources to my pre workout now for energy. The diet does have a lot of carbs, I was thinking about reducing each 1 cup of oats by half, because I wanted to drop the total calories a little bit anways. Any reason as to why you would get rid of the dairy? Thanks again.
    I prefer not to drink any calories and i have read about various cases where people had stalled with fat loss, removed dairy and started loosing again.

I myself am lactose intolerant so i dont have any dairy. You could keep it in if you prefer and when you are looking for cals to drop, then remove it.

I would definitely keep your calories centered around the workout. When looking to remove calories, i would start looking at meals as far away from your training first. Keeping your calories around your training will greatly help in recovery while you are in a calorie deficit.