The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Thoughts on developing Big Bicepts

I've been working out for quite sometime now and what I've noticed is that my biceps compared to my other body parts take the longest to grow. Genetic-limitations aside, I'm looking for some helpful tips on how I can increase the size of my biceps.

I've been doing research on this and one thing I came across was to train the biceps 2-3 times weeks as opposed to once a week as I do with other body parts.

I primarily stick to compound exercise. Usually do drop 3 sets of 8 reps with drop sets to finish off.

Could this potentially be an issue with needing to put on more mass through diet to create size?

I guess I'm trying to find the root cause so any thoughts would be much appreciated so I can get past this block.

Thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When someone says they want bigger biceps it really means they want bigger arms in general.

When it comes to getting bigger arms, your right. Biceps can take a long time to show noticeable growth. The trick is not trying so hard to build up the bicep, but to focus more on building up your triceps. Your triceps are stronger than your biceps, larger than your biceps, and (for me) grow larger faster than your biceps.

I wouldn't say I work out my biceps a whole lot, but I have found "burn out" sets at the end of the workout to help them get bigger. Something like:
    Standing dumbbell curls
    45's 8-10 reps
    35's 8-10 reps
    25's 8-10 reps
    15's 8-10 reps

All without rest between. Get the deep burn going and end the workout in a bang. Then go eat some food.
    BW 210 HT 6'
    BP 315x4 365x1
    S 315x6
    DL 405x5

Why would you just want your bicep to grow and not your triceps as well. In order for you to build muscle, you must take that muscle to hypertrophy. Also, are you eating enough to add in muscle growth?

Wannabebig New Member
    you guy's are right, I do need to pay more attention to my triceps.

I am consuming enough (relatively speaking) because I can see growth in other body parts.

Is it recommended to train biceps and triceps on the same day? At the moment I finish off with a few sets of tricep exercises after my chest workout.

I would def dedicate a full training day to arms. I would all do 3 exercises for bicep and 3 for tricep and keep rest periods to 40 secs.