I have, in the past 6 months, put on 30lbs. I'm 6'4, 230 right as I type this. 6 months ago my girl got pregnant and I abandoned any logical eating, as I have learned that sympathy weight is a very real disease. So what I need is to cut 20lbs. A "real" diet is going to still be impossible with her right now, once she has the kid I'll trim down to where I need to be. So here's my thoughts. In the past I've had great luck with Keto diets. They seem to lean me out quick and with my life seems to be the easiest way to go. However, I lose strength and energy eating that way. Is there a way around this? When I run a keto I go 6 days-zero carbs (ok not really, but like 20-30g). On the 7th day I eat carbs, and have a cheat meal. I was thinking that maybe after my workout I should have some simple carbs, maybe that will keep my energy up?

Now I know some of you are going to say it can't be a "diet", it has to be a life change or whatever. I understand this. However, I play with my weight constantly. It's up and down, just not usually as "up" as it is now. I like to live at 200-210. I'll take care of leaning out and all that once the kid gets here and I have to get my girl in shape. I just need a trim now to keep things manageable.