Thread: Overhead Squat, Numbness issue

Overhead Squat, Numbness issue

Well, this is posted again and again it seems, but I haven't found any real answer. Did the overhead squat with an olympic bar, my right arm just died. Two weeks later, it's pretty good, but there is still some residual numbness in the thumb and inside of the forearm. I can tell it's getting less and less, but not fast enough for my taste. Anyone have experience with this and how to get rid of it quicker? I keep hearing something about the C6 and doing neck stretches or something. Oh, and this seems to be the only exercise that comes with the risk of screwing your body up in a very real way so incredibly easily, considering I've done squats and deadlifts for years with questionable form and no injuries. Why the hell do people do this exercise? It was part of a crossfit routine, one which I will only be using a PVC pipe with from now on...

Definitely sounds like you pinched a nerve. It should not be an issue, but then again some things physiologically related just happen. There could be any number of reasons for it. Do you have to do the movement?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I don't HAVE to I guess. Doing it with the PVC bar has no ill effect at all. Just the position it puts me in is really weird and uncomfortable, then adding the 45lbs olympic bar is what did me in I suppose. Even with no weight, I can only do it for a while. Must have a tight back...