Hey guys and gals; I'm back in training. Starting everything fresh, even a new training site. When I injured my back and subsequently found the cancer in my kidney my small training group at Monster Barbell kinda' scattered. So, I shut down the gym and changed it to a rehearsal studio (I've returned to Gospel Music/part time also). An old bodybuilding friend of mine opened a 'hardcore' training facility oriented for 'serious strength sport' athletes: bodybuilders, powerlifters, crossfit competitors, strongman etc. It reminds me of the old "Olympic Gym" I used to train at years ago. I love this place. I'll try to pull as many of my old teammates back in here as possible and pick up lifters from the gym's existing members as I go. Anyway.....

I had tried a few workouts earlier with mixed results. But after my 4th epidural it seems I may have long term relief with my back. I have virtually no left over effects from the kidney removal except being weak (about a year+ off training) and a limit to my protein intake. I'm around 248 Bwt. right now and will try to compete @242's around the end of the year if all goes well. I've been training for about 4 weeks now. I'll take my time and not over push the progression. So far I haven't squatted but plan to start next week. I've benched 365 so far with a 'Bench Daddy' (Mike Womack's device).I will slowly progress with it for a while and then transition back to a shirt. I've only deadlifted 1 time and plan to pull only every 2 weeks giving the back plenty of recovery time. I did a very easy 365 raw and stopped. No pain at all in the back!

I'm not going to make a total goal going in. I'm just going to try to have an injury free training cycle and have a decent total. Not worried about PR's yet. Just see if I can get back in the game and go from there. Maybe one goal...to be the world's strongest Gospel singer! LOL!