The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Your favorite accomplishment in powerlifitng

What's the biggest accomplishment that you are most proud of or will remember the most?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

This is a tough one. I think when I benched 840 in a full meet after squatting over a grand. I realized that I had outbenched Gary frank as the highest mp full meet bench ever. Totaling 2605 that day for a new all time world record total was icing on the cake.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

not to mention you were about what, 19? 20? at the time? I can't recall exactly but I remember when that happened. Definition of outstanding

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yeah that is one to certainly be proud of. I got best raw lifter at my last meet. Maybe says something about the competition, but I still got a kick out of it.

Just get under the bar!

Definitely something to be proud of!

This can even be a PR.

Vincent is the one who made me think of this. 600 at 275 was a real journey for him. Not that it wasn't at SHW or 308 but it really made him struggle this time around. I don't know if this is his favorite PR or accomplishment, but I know it means a LOT to him.

My first 500 deadlift. LOL I remember what I went through to get to this point, having struggled with 295 when I first started deadlifting in training for my first meet ('07), after having lifted weights consistently for about 20 years at that point. Always having that number in the back of my mind (when hitting 365 was monumental for me) ... progress was very slow for about 2 years leading up to it. The one constant, was I never backed off, week-to-week. One of the greatest feelings in the world when I stood up with that weight!

Looking at the video now still makes me laugh. The only bar I had to lift with was a very unflexible G&G Fitness bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YRg5YZx7uU
    (SQ) 550 (BP) 425 (DL) 550
    5'9" 195lbs.

2014 Goals: 365 raw bench; Triple bodyweight deadlift; 1500 meet total @ 198

YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlDonatiJr?feature=mhee
    Journal -- http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-Get-Stronger!

Looking back I think for me was in Oct 2009 went to Rolla Ms For APA National Championship, lifting in a Inzer Double Z and a Double HPHD bench shirt totaling 1500 with a 550 sq 470 b and 480 dl, I was 52 and weighed in at 242. Then in 2012 weighing in at 240, lifting RAW Squated 550 Benched 410 and deadlifted 525 for a 1485 total setting all records and getting best lifter.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...s-Training-Log

5'`9.5" 238
    Comp Lifts
    2ply Squat 550 10/17/09 Bench 470 10/17/09 DL 480 10/17/09
    Raw Squat 550 10/26/2013 Bench 425 5/14/11 DL 530 10/26/2013

Haven't done it yet.

To be honest I am most proud of my first meet i ever did. It was a USPF meet back in 2007 so obviously the judging was crazy strict. I was 17 years old and about 210 pounds, and only lifted for about 1 - 1.5 years at this point, with 8 months of that a cut from 285-195. I squatted 500 belt only and pulled an easy 570. That was a proud day for me.
    2000 or bust

Haha, thx for setting this one up for me Trav. Yeah, I'm torn. It's either the 600 raw in 3 weight classes or having the all time multi ply bench in the 275 class. That wasn't even planned that day. Everything was just going so well and dialed in. That's why geared lifting can be so much fun. Sometimes everything lines up and you can just hit a monster number you didn't even think about.

What's your moment Trav?

By the way, nice job to everyone. It's these moments that keep us coming back.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Doing 1st full power meet in 2011 at age 49 and squatting over 400. Did a bench or push/pull in while in college in the early 80s. Don't remember which. The 80s are blurry.

Mine was Feb. 2012 at the SPF Alabama meet. I did the single ply division and had the squat day of my life. I went in hoping to break Ernie Frantz's all time single ply over 50 squat of 826 lbs. It had stood for most of a 1/4 century. It was just one of those days when the planets all line up for you. I opened at 750 and the weight felt so light it was shocking. Then I did 800 to make sure I got a good one in for my total. It felt almost as light as the 750. Then I took 830 to break the record. The announcer did a good job of getting the crowd fired up for it. I was in the ZONE! I blew the 830 up like it was an opener. The place exploded! It was an awesome feeling. I was so jacked up I took a fourth of 900 and had not been under 900 since 2008 and never in single ply. It felt heavier than the other attempts but it shot up. I mis-timed it and missed depth about an inch. That was disappointing but didn't take away from how it felt to finally nail the 830. I was 56 years old and it was my biggest single ply squat ever also. Those squats felt magic! I look at them on youtube and am still amazed at how easy those squats looked that day.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Mine is a 1495 total at the last meet I did. It was the 1st time doing a meet that had real competition. 5 pounds separated the squat, bench I was 20 under, deadlift I had to pull a big PR to win. Which I did, got best lifter, set a state record for total. All the other meets I did were just kinda me by myself. This one was like a real dog fight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Working it out, working it bamazav's Avatar
    Deciding to seek to compete in 2014, my fiftieth year of life.
    Working on getting stronger in body, mind and soul.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Probably totaling Raw Elite at both 198 and 220. I'm still a long ways from my ultimate goals however.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    What's the biggest accomplishment that you are most proud of or will remember the most?
    Entering my first powerlifting contest while deployed in Kosovo back in 2001... started at 11am and ended at 1am...(yes, 14 hrs...) ohh and finishing 1st out of 9 in my class
    Current Stats:
    5'8" @ 204lbs

2013 Goals (single ply):
    1700lbs total

My first 800 squat. Or doing 2 meets one year and squatting 600 at one and 725 at the other in the same gear
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

My favorite accomplishment as coming back to the platform after a 27 year hiatus. The next will be making a 400 lbs raw bench and a total of 1,400+ @ 198 lbs before I turn 50. I have 3 years to get the work done and make the numbers.

Benching 450 at my last meet and winning overall best equipped bencher
    Train Hardcore

Best Lifts(SQ/BP/DL)
    625/450/500 multi-ply
    520/405/500 single-ply
    405/315/475 raw

Training log
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/thr...et-log-4-19-14