The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cheat/Reward Meal Question

I am in a holding pattern with my bodyweight, so I'm allowing myself a few liberal meals. Kind of like and 80/20 plan. I'm curious what everyone thinks is better. One reward/cheat meal a day if I feel like it, or a reward/cheat day?

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would do one day if I had to pick out of those two options. Really just depends on how many calories you're taking in on a "cheat".
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I am in a holding pattern with my bodyweight, so I'm allowing myself a few liberal meals. Kind of like and 80/20 plan. I'm curious what everyone thinks is better. One reward/cheat meal a day if I feel like it, or a reward/cheat day?
    First you should only start with 1 meal. Take your weight the morning of the cheat then see how long it takes to go back to that weight. If it goes back within about 5 days stick with 1 meal, if it drops below your previous weight in less than a week then add another meal to it. Unless you are in a deep supercompensation state a whole day is usually to much.

Thanks. Allen, I kind of follow your idea. Presently I have what I call a "Bodyweight Lunk Alarm." I had it set at 290 for a while. Now it's down to 285. Basically, if I am over 285 I cannot have a cheat meal until I am under that bodyweight again. The next phase of the plan will be to limit a cheat to once a week until I get under 280 and that will be my next Lunk Alarm.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Ten years ago, I used to do a "cheat day," but my metabolism (and body) really can't take that anymore. (This day was eat everything I wanted, all day, usually feeling like I didn't want to see anymore junk for the rest of the week when the day was over.) Nowadays, I pick one day, and do two cheat meals, one being relatively healthy, but with a lot more calories than usual, and the other anything I want. This has worked really well for me, as I've dropped from 235 to the 210-range, and then to 195, and have been at 195 for about 1.5 years. The rest-of-the-week diet is pretty disciplined.
    (SQ) 550 (BP) 425 (DL) 550
    5'9" 195lbs.

2014 Goals: 365 raw bench; Triple bodyweight deadlift; 1500 meet total @ 198

YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlDonatiJr?feature=mhee
    Journal -- http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-Get-Stronger!

Second Buccos1

But to add to that, I think it depends on where you are at with your physique. If you are cutting weight than my cheat meal day would only be 1 meal, either breakfast or lunch and eating a low carb meal for dinner. For me the dinner meal is the most crucial because it's sitting in your digestive track all night.
    I think alot of people like to cheat at dinner, but if you're cutting than that's a big no no for me.
    preworkoutsupps.com - Comprehensive pre workout reviews
    "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
    - Micheal Jordan

If i'm going to cheat badly i will do it after the hardest workout of the week. I think your body likes those extra calories. Honestly i wake up tighter most of the time if i pound some junk the night after a hard workout. This is not CBL but eating carbs all day.
    2000 or bust

I tend to have one 'night-off' each week, with the Mrs, where we order Chinese/Pizza and get some beers in.

Rest of the week eat healthier.

Down 9lbs, so seems to be working so far! Keep the cravings away, at least.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Yea, I think it depends as well. I usually do a whole day but in my mind, I dieted hard 6 days of the week, so I earned it. But I know some people take that way too far and undue fat loss big time. I also plan my hardest workout of the week the night before, late at night.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial