The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Bpak tutorial to a bigger back

Video
    Last edited by Matthew Bryduck; 08-16-2013 at 08:30 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Perfect explanation. Its funny how a lot of experts have the same philosophy but just use different words. I use the old Mind/Muscle connection. Either way activation is key for development. The problem most have wit this is they have to check the ego at the door because when you apply constant tension on every rep of every set you increase your TEP and almost always have to use less weight.

Allen, I totally agree with you on checking the ego. If people saw the weights I used they might think its comical, but I keep growing and they keep remaining the same.

We are trying to develop our bodies not our ego. I'd rather look like I can bench 300lbs than actually be able to do it. My joints will than me in the long run.
    Last edited by Allen Cress; 08-16-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Great video.

It is funny too Allen how you are talking about developing your body and not your ego. Just a week or two past Jay Cutler put up a pic on facebook of himself doing leg presses with what looked like 7 plates per side. It was comical seeing all the replies from people saying they can do as much or more. I normally ignore things like that but I couldn't help replying that if Jay can have legs like his doing 7 pps than more power to him because he is a bodybuilder not a strength athlete.

Nevermind that people do things like warming up, drop sets, supersets, giant sets, etc. etc. that would call for lighter weights..

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLift View Post
    Great video.

It is funny too Allen how you are talking about developing your body and not your ego. Just a week or two past Jay Cutler put up a pic on facebook of himself doing leg presses with what looked like 7 plates per side. It was comical seeing all the replies from people saying they can do as much or more. I normally ignore things like that but I couldn't help replying that if Jay can have legs like his doing 7 pps than more power to him because he is a bodybuilder not a strength athlete.

Nevermind that people do things like warming up, drop sets, supersets, giant sets, etc. etc. that would call for lighter weights..
    They also can't see the amount of constant tension he is keeping on his legs thru the whole range of motion on every single rep. Its about application, not just moving a weight from point A to point B

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post
    They also can't see the amount of constant tension he is keeping on his legs thru the whole range of motion on every single rep. Its about application, not just moving a weight from point A to point B
    That is true. Back is a great example. I used to go as heavy as possible and I really never felt good results from it. I still go heavy but only so long as I can do it with good form and really feel the tension and work being done by the muscles I am training. Now I really feel great results from training my back. It makes a world of difference training the muscles and not the movements per se if that makes sense.