Hey. I'm getting back into weight training and hopefully I can stick to my goals this time, which are pretty simple: lose fat, gain muscle, and have a nice looking physique. I'm about 5'11", 200 pounds, but I have a pot belly. So I want to change things. I've been doing some research on how to gain muscle via weight training and how to eat better with nutrition.

However I've also come across the realization that at some point I'll need to incorporate cardio into my workouts. I usually go to the gym three times a week. And recently I've been doing a little bit of running before my workouts on the treadmills. For about ten minutes. I've heard this might not be a great approach though because it really makes weight training a lot harder. So it's better to do your cardio afterward. I'd like to continue running though and more and more into it as that is probably my favorite form of cardio. I'm not sure how much I should do though and at what pace since I really also don't want to offset my strength and muscle gains by doing too much cardio and burning too many calories. Every treadmill machine is different of course with different programs to incorporate for the user.

I'm essentially looking for the best, simple way of incorporating running for my weight lifting program without hindering my progress too much. Any suggestions for what I should do?