Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else here scared of the low quality of US beer?

Is anyone else here scared of the low quality of US beer?

It scares the living crap out of me.

I went to a bar a few weeks ago and ordered a beer. Not any special beer with dancing midget commercials or one that I have been conditioned to believe will let me enjoy a quality of living much greater than one I currently have attained. No, just a simple American mass-produced beer. The bartender graciously opened the bottle and poured half of the beer into my glass. I drank enthusiastically because if you aren't enthusiastic when you drink beer people think you are drinking just to be cool. I don't want people to think I am the kind of guy kid who goes to the bar just to be groovy. Anyway. After quaffing the first half of my beer I began to poor the remainder of my indigenous non-microbrew into my mug and to my dismay a large ball bearing fell into my glass and slowly sank to the bottom. Immediately I was worked into a feeze. How did this ball bearing get in my beer? One could possibly think of literally thousands of explanations that lead all to the solution of my crux. Alas, all but one would be totally and abjectly wrong.

Being the curious type, I queried the bartender as to how a beer company could be so lackadaisical when it came to creating the product of so many desires. We chatted for hours, ignoring all others in the bar, desperately attempting to come to a conclusion.
    Finally, in a "white-flag" gesture of surrender, I scratched my forehead and shrugged, as if to say "I give up." As my hand touched the skin of my brow I displaced my eyebrow ring enough to realize that a single ball was missing.

The whole thing was merely a quiproquo and Scott Bayo and I returned to a night of decadence, debauchery, and jokes about coitus.

Anyone else think American beer sucks?
    Last edited by galileo; 07-21-2002 at 04:18 PM.

screw beer.....liquor is quicker
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Budweiser stinks like pee pee.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    Budweiser stinks like pee pee.

lol exactly.

Corona

High Gravity is where it's at. 8.1% alcohol
    Last edited by heathj; 07-20-2002 at 07:33 PM.

I guess no one took the time to read the whole story

Welcome to WBB.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

hehehe "ball-berring"

No, you can spend it here. Don't mind the red neck folk.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Originally posted by Orange357
    hehehe "ball-berring"
    http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=ball%20bearing

uh thanks.....................................................................................

Originally posted by heathj
    High Gravity is where it's at. 8.1% alcohol
    Just drink two regular ones, ya f*ckin idiot.

"Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Why drink 2, which have twice the amount of ounces..when you can just drink one and get even more f*cked up...cause it enters your system quicker. It's like drinking two at once. Foo!

Oh..and why don't you just shut your mouth, ya f*ckin idiot

Last edited by heathj; 07-20-2002 at 08:12 PM.

wow..you really are a pretty bad speller.

you were hanging out with scott baio?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

and for the record, me no likey domestic beer.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Why drink 2, which have twice the amount of ounces..when you can just drink one and get even more f*cked up...cause it enters your system quicker. It's like drinking two at once. Foo!

Oh..and why don't you just shut your mouth, ya f*ckin idiot

Then drink liquor, ya f*ckin p*ssy.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

I drink both. Ya f*ckin idiot. Don't judge me and what I drink. Just cause you couldn't handle a beer with 8.1% alcohol in it. You'd probably puke from one. Ya pussy.

I tried Absolut Citron and Smirnoff Raspberry Twist last night..both are quite disgusting. Regular hard a is where it's at. Give me some ******* absolut vodka and jose cuervo tequila and I'm good to go.
    Last edited by heathj; 07-20-2002 at 09:27 PM.

Hell I don't care how it tastes. American beer is fine by me, cause A) it gets me drunk and B) it gets me drunk. Now granted its nice to splurge and get Corona or Warsteiner or Fosters once in awhile, but I'll be damned if I'm paying 2-4 times more just for some stuff that doesn't taste *that* much better and will still get me loaded.

PS-- I can outdrink you all.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I drink both. Ya f*ckin idiot. Don't judge me and what I drink. Just cause you couldn't handle a beer with 8.1% alcohol in it. You'd probably puke from one. Ya pussy.
    LMAO. When you can down six or seven everclear shots, you'll have surpassed me, grasshopper. You may also be dead. But you still have much to learn, young one.

PS- domestic beer (except Sam Adams) sucks.
    Last edited by Alex.V; 07-21-2002 at 09:59 AM.

3:16
    Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Hell I don't care how it tastes. American beer is fine by me, cause A) it gets me drunk and B) it gets me drunk. Now granted its nice to splurge and get Corona or Warsteiner or Fosters once in awhile, but I'll be damned if I'm paying 2-4 times more just for some stuff that doesn't taste *that* much better and will still get me loaded.

PS-- I can outdrink you all.
    i did not relaise american was so bad, if you consider foster to be a good beer.

come to Britian. we have proper beer.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

The ONLY domestic beer I drink is microbrew. So that would be things like Sam Adams and New Holland Brewery beer. Both are excellent. New Holland makes seasonal beers. Every Autumn they start making a "Pumpkin Ale" which is quite tasty. They also have a beer called "Dragon's Milk" That stuff is 10.5% alcohol and is as black as nite. Not to bad to sip on either. As for other beers....well theres Corona, Tecate, NewCastle Brown Ale, Red Stripe and a few others that are good.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

3:16
    you will get bit and bobs in your food occansionaly. it happens.

though it would be harder to metal detect beer on leaving the factory?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Never had american beer. Come to Canada.

And great story, Galileo.
    LaLa

Domestic Beer I love...

Berkshire Brewing Company (micro-brew in Western, MA)
    Sam Adams
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska