Alright, I'm pre-diabetic. I had a spike in h1ac last year for the first time ever, got it down and have kept it down. I can use Results and still keep my BG low. I have a monitor I use just in case (Although in Japan they only give you a monitor if you are on insulin and diabetic...so thanks to my American friends for sending me some cheaper ones).

Anyways, I started Ben Pakulski's MI40 today. I just wanted to do something that would challenge me. The way he has you eat is basically how I've been eating, but with more carbs on off days. Pre-workout my BG is usually between 110 and 130. After I'm at 80 to 90. That's how it's been for a long time. I go home, I eat and all is good.

Today, while the MI40 routine has you done in 40 minutes, for various reasons it took me almost an hour and 20 minutes. Post workout my BG was 175...really high. Never seen it go up that high. Still, I drank my 50 grams protien, went home and an hour later I measure again and was 75, which is low, for me. I was HUNGRY...I had my postworkout meal, chicken, brown rice, spinach and broccoli. 1 hour later I'm at 110 and feeling good.

To be honest, I was feeling really good (Tired and sore in all the right places, and some places I never knew existed), feeling good going home, feeling good at a BG of 75...all the way through. Still, those are some big jumps. I was wondering if anyone here might guess as to why. I would imagine this would only be a real health concern if the elevated levels remained elevated for a long time. But I don't know why they dropped by almost 100 in just an hour.

I have my BG under control so I only get checked every 6 months and it's always good news. I might go in early just to ask the doctor if he has an idea BUT I think he'll say that 'exercise is good, keep at it.' but I wonder if pushing it too hard can complicate things.

I know there are no doctors, but I trust the people here for some advice (And it's just advice). Pre-meal is 2 hours before, protien/carbs just in case that's important.