The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

My carb findings

So I switched over to more of a carb based diet the past two months versus the backoading I was doing. I am down 12 lbs. The initial 6 seemed to be bloat after my meet in the first month. 6 have come off this past month. With the most recent 6, I have noticed less vascularity (not that I have a ton). Could this be an indication that I respond better to no carbs during the day?

I switched back to no carbs during the day for a week now and am noticing a little vascularity coming back. I have not seen a dip in strength or energy changing back. Just curious to hear thoughts on this. Thanks.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Vascularity really isn't a bio-feedback indicator if a macro works better, that's mainly your level of leanness, sodium, and water retention subqutaneously. When I have a fat meal prior to a carb meal my vascularity always increases once I eat the carb based meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post
    Vascularity really isn't a bio-feedback indicator if a macro works better, that's mainly your level of leanness, sodium, and water retention subqutaneously. When I have a fat meal prior to a carb meal my vascularity always increases once I eat the carb based meal.
    I was hoping you'd chime in. I'm more vascular during the day with no carbs, than I was during the day with carbs.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

I guess I really just need to start getting my bf done regularly if I'd really want to know if there's a difference.

Have you tried just eating low carb all day and post workout have carbs and protein?

That's what I am doing now. I feel like my body responds better to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I was hoping you'd chime in. I'm more vascular during the day with no carbs, than I was during the day with carbs.
    Yes, but if you stay off carbs your vascularity will go down. My main point is vascularity has nothing to do with if your body does better with or without carbs. You would have to be at a fairly lean state for vascularity to stay up but even then there are going to be days where its better than others. Things like energy levels, hunger levels, appetite, overall digestion, etc.. are main indicators if a diet works for you.

Meal timing can be used but at the same time if your calories are balanced thru the day and your in a calorie controlled state there is no predisposition to storing fat with carbs early or late, unless you are at a high body fat %.