The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Questions about bench shirt size

If anyone has any experience with titan single ply shirts, would like to know what size is a good idea for me to start with? I talked with a friend that said 52, but I looked at a sizing chart online that suggests 56. I plan to call and ask about it, but I also know most people seem to tell me sizes that I can't even get on, much less lift with. So I would like an idea from other lifters who have experience with it, because I want it to be a size bigger and won't be that hard to touch in and something I won't get frustrated with right away. Too big can obviously just be taken in, but you can't do anything if it's too small. If anyone close to my weight maybe 275 or 308 could tell me what sizes they've used that could be helpful also. Thank you.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've bought several single-ply F6s from Ken Anderson the past few years, and he has always made great suggestions as far as customizations based upon measurements. Shipping is awesome too!
    (SQ) 550 (BP) 425 (DL) 550
    5'9" 195lbs.

2014 Goals: 365 raw bench; Triple bodyweight deadlift; 1500 meet total @ 198

YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlDonatiJr?feature=mhee
    Journal -- http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-Get-Stronger!

Call and talk to the company. If they can't help you don't buy from them. Are you taking a break from raw meets to focus on geared meets?
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Quote Originally Posted by Buccos1 View Post
    I've bought several single-ply F6s from Ken Anderson the past few years, and he has always made great suggestions as far as customizations based upon measurements. Shipping is awesome too!
    ok, thanks for your reply
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Call and talk to the company. If they can't help you don't buy from them. Are you taking a break from raw meets to focus on geared meets?
    I'm going to do bench only raw probably raw unity or something early next year because I want to get at least 450 by then. I want to do a meet with a bench shirt sometime, whenever I think over 600 will be easy enough and be confident with being able to touch in something. It will be whenever I feel that is, so I don't know when. I have done 535 in a blast shirt in the gym that I can put on myself. That's the only shirt I've not gotten frustrated with yet. I may just bench with that in a meet if I don't like anything else. The only thing I may have to bench close to 500 raw before I could get over 600 with it. I don't plan to do full power with gear on anytime soon, just bench first.
    Last edited by April Mathis; 09-14-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

Cool. Just hammer the raw high boards for the lock out and you should be well over 600 in the right shirt.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Cool. Just hammer the raw high boards for the lock out and you should be well over 600 in the right shirt.
    I try to work on lockout often, since that's where I miss raw bench also. The shirt I do use helps almost none off boards. I can do more full-range or 1-board than anything above that with it. I have also thought about using one of the denim shirts I have just for lockout stuff. I hate using them (or attempting to use them anyways) full-range but I have gone up to 585-600 off 3 and 4 board with one of them before. My plan is still to bench 500 raw before being real serious about competing in a shirt, but I do plan on using one for a few sets heavier after raw bench on most weeks and then when I feel like I can get something decent and not bomb take a few weeks of just using the shirt and do a meet.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total