Thread: ART and Deep tissue with Derik Farnsworth

Hybrid View

ART and Deep tissue with Derik Farnsworth

There is more to recovery than just eating and resting. You need to keep your muscle pliable and soft. During workouts you breakdown muscle tissue, then as you recovery it builds back, but overtime you get adhesions (basically like scar tissue) that keeps the muscle from fully lengthening and this can cause joint stress and other muscles to compensate and create imbalances. The best methods to keep this from getting out of hand is ART & Deep tissue work. Here is a video of me getting a combo of ART & tissue work done by the best in the business IFBB pro Derik Farnsworth. So make sure to stay ahead of the game and keep you body functional and joints healthy.

Video

Is this something you would need to plan your training around? If so, to what degree? Some of it looks semi-painful and not something you would want to do the same day as training to me.

I've never done deep tissue stuff and trained on the same day. I'm always sore as hell after a DT session. Yes, at some points it can hurt and take your breath away, really hard to stay relaxed when working certain areas, but totally worth it afterwards.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Optimally you would want to do it after a workout and have the next day off from training. If not just have it done after training or on a day off. Yes it can be painful in certain area but when you break up adhesions (scar tissue) that's just how it is. A little pain is worth a healthy and more functional body. The more you do it the more you get use to it.

How often would you get something like this done?

I'm not a fan of such techniques personally. I do know plenty of people who swear by them.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    How often would you get something like this done?
    Depends on how beat up you are, how long you have been training and how hard you actually train, then there's the money issue. I personally get it done weekly or every other week at minimum. But the way I train and push my body and since I have been doing this for 18 years my body needs it to stay on top of things and keep me healthy.