I'm sure most of you have heard about this meet by now. Let me start off by saying, what am amazing event. This was so much more than just a powerlifting meet. When all was said and done, nearly $140,000 was raised for charity.

Huge props to Detroit Barbell, as well as all the countless volunteers from Kirby Church. I've competed in several DBB events in the past and they always do a good job, but this was by far the most well run meet I've ever been to. This was also one of the best venues I've ever lifted at; Kirby Church really pulled out all the stops as far as accommodating the lifters.

Donnie Thompson also deserves a ton of credit for his nearly 13 hours of announcing. He did an amazing job, and I gotta say, as a lifter, it was pretty awesome having one of the greatest powerlifters of all time calling your name on stage and giving you a fist bump after hitting a big lift.

The competitor list for this weekend was beyond stacked. I've never really had the chance to see any 'big names' competing in person, so it was pretty awesome seeing guys like Brandon Lilly, Brian Schwab, Marshall Johnson, and Phil Harrington all on the same stage.

I ended up totaling 1700 Raw @ 198, which was my main goal. This was a 75 pound meet PR, while at a lower weight class. Best lifts were 615/445/640. I wasn't happy with the bench, but considering I'm coming back from a injury I'll gladly take the 5 pound meet PR. I also ended up breaking the UPA Open 198 Raw Deadlift and Total Record.

Next stop, 1800 Raw @ 220.

I'm already looking forward to Relentless 2014. No doubt an even crazier amount of money will be raised next year.