The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Conditioning

Conditioning

Who else counts yard work and the like as conditioning? Of course I should mention I have a lawn tractor. I know Trav does some hard work. Do you take that into consideration with your plan?

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Who else counts yard work and the like as conditioning? Of course I should mention I have a lawn tractor. I know Trav does some hard work. Do you take that into consideration with your plan?
    I haven't done anything condition wise this entire meet prep but when I do I willl count cutting the grass bit that's about it.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Or house cleaning .

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

haha yeah I do quite a bit of work in the woods felling trees and no I don't count it as conditioning. It's not the same pace and doesn't really achieve the same purpose. Your hear rate doesn't stay elevated high enough for long enough time.

I've had buddies who could out work me all day long in the woods but come to a sled drag situation I can do it much longer and with much more weight than they can. Same with the prowler.

If a persons purpose is weight loss or increased conditioning you need to approach it as such. Just include the yard work as extra workouts haha

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Anything not requiring sitting or lying down is conditioning for me.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Do you guys feel that doing some conditioning (real conditioning) would hurt your progress or you guys just allergic to it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    Do you guys feel that doing some conditioning (real conditioning) would hurt your progress or you guys just allergic to it. LOL.
    I think there can be a law of diminishing returns, but I think most of us are far away from it.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    Conditioning is definitely something that helps my lifting. When I've gone through periods of where I've dropped it completely I often can't train as long or at as high an intensity as I'd like to. Ask any of my training partners at Westside, it takes a lot to make it through a bench session with me and there is a level of conditioning that is required.

What happens is sometimes guys go too far with the conditioning to where its taking place of strength training or it's hurting it. High intensity conditioning can be a strain on the central nervous system. Low impact is the best.

The added trouble is also for some of us who struggle to maintain weight - that'd be me lol. Right now I'm having a hard time keeping myself at 270 so I really dial back the conditioning.

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Conditioning is definitely something that helps my lifting. When I've gone through periods of where I've dropped it completely I often can't train as long or at as high an intensity as I'd like to. Ask any of my training partners at Westside, it takes a lot to make it through a bench session with me and there is a level of conditioning that is required.

What happens is sometimes guys go too far with the conditioning to where its taking place of strength training or it's hurting it. High intensity conditioning can be a strain on the central nervous system. Low impact is the best.

The added trouble is also for some of us who struggle to maintain weight - that'd be me lol. Right now I'm having a hard time keeping myself at 270 so I really dial back the conditioning.
    I came from a cardio background and cardio is very easy for me. The hardest thing is managing the two which is hard for me. Running is hurting my gains because of recovery and I'm just now figuring out the right balance.