Thread: Making my comeback after cancer tomarrow at APF Al.

Making my comeback after cancer tomarrow at APF Al.

After several starts and stops at training I finally got back in the saddle 6 month ago and am making my comeback meet tomarrow in Moody, Al. at the APF Alabama. Bench training went well the whole 6 month but I lost 6 weeks after tearing my left hamstring (blue from butt to calf). So I lost 6 weeks of deads and squat training bt still should do ok for just getting back. I wanted to learn how my body would deal with peaking with one kidney and I think I planned it well and safely. I've dropped to the 242's. Weighed in this AM at 241.8. I'm about 255 about 5:00pm; about my everyday weight now. I do have one main goal at this meet. To Top the 'Best of the Best' ranks at PLWatch. It's 726 at 242 over 50 single ply. I'll open real light at about 633 and decide if I should do a second somewhere in between or just take 733 on the second. I have the top ranked squat at 275 @ 804 and at 308 @ 830 on their list. I'll post back with my results. When I wasn't training for so long I really got out of the habit of stopping in on the PL forums.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Good luck. Congrats on your recovery!!!
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Hey Buddy. Haven't talked to you in a long time. Hope you do well.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

Good luck. Hope you kick ass.

Good luck with your goals.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

The best of luck to you!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

SFW!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Thanks everybody! I was happy with my performance coming back although I didn't hit the squat I wanted. Still for 6 months back it was a good and satisfying experience. I knew my openers would be solid and they were, but after that it was a lot of quessing and going for it. Although I didn't get close to the 242 over 50 All-Time single ply squat record. I did set 4 APF 55-59 Single Ply American Records with a 633 squat, 407 bench, 501 deadlift and a 1541 total. It was 365 lbs. off of my best single ply total of 1906 but it was 2 weight classes lighter and with only 6 months of training back under my belt it's a good starting place. I want to thank 3 of my training partners who made the trip to work with me as handlers. It was the 1st meet they'd seen and they were really jacked up! Thanks Jo-Jo, Ian, and Derek! Tim Teal did an awesome job running his 1st meet while battling cancer (Hoskins Lymphoma).He's almost done with chemo and about to start radiation. His prognosis is good thankfully! His wife Jan ran the table with help from my wife Pam since Jan had never ran a score table. Pam's got 12-13 meets under her belt. The lifting moved along very smoothly. There was a delay in getting awards figured out and presented. There s a flaw in the computer program from the APF and Jan, Pam and me had to figure everything from the paper score sheets. Pam has a copy she corrected a while back and will give Jan a copy so next year's awards should go as efficiently s the meet itself. Moody Crossfit hosted the meet and Colby and his crew were very gracious and helpful; great people! The ultra experienced Gold's Gym spotting crew handled spotting and loading so every body was in good hands safety-wise and I don't remember a single mislead! Judges were Tim Teal, Chris Samford and Brant Bishop and from the lifts I was able to watch seemed to do a good job. There were 2 flights of 12 in full power and several BO and DL only competitors as well. Matt Mainey did a very good job of announcing. Anyway it was a great meet and I had a ball. It's good to be alive and back and I'm looking forward to it next year!
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)