So I took a very long break from this site and working out in general. Life gets in the way and of course the only excuse I have is I basically just gave up for a while. It's been around 9 months since I've been to the gym. I lost a lot of strength...omg I lost a LOT of strength... But I'm trying so I'm glad for that.

Two weeks ago I went back to the gym. I can barely bench 205 for two reps. My previous PR was 290 for one rep. It's depressing! I was essentially doing a modified 5/3/1 program. My diet was mostly clean then it got real sloppy then I stopped working out.

So today I decided to start a modified 5/3/1 program because I love that program. I'm not doing it necessarily to increase strength but mostly because I love the simplicity and focusing on one major lift for the day. I will start out experimenting a bit but I'm mostly thinking I will go with high reps at lower weights with no more than 30 seconds of rest in between sets.

Current body weight is 241 pounds. I imagine my body fat is around 20-25%.

Main goal is to lose fat. I always wanted to gain strength but I really need to lose the fat as the main goal here.

Target calories to hit each day is 2500.