The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: electric stim

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,987

    electric stim

    I picked up an electric stim machine. A handheld one. It feels like the one my chiro uses. Stim always helps my little strains and pulls feel better. Does any one use one here? My back is a little beat up. I'm thinking of using it as a warm up tool before I do my light mobility stuff pre squat workout. Any one doing this?
    Best Lifts unequipped
    765
    505
    755
    Best lifts Equipped
    1050
    840
    715

    Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,632
    I got a friend who's been through the ringer with injuries, plus kidney disease. He uses his quite a bit for minor tweaks and strains, swears by it. I haven't used it yet, but he's always offering it to me.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  4. #3
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,933
    I have one as well that I picked up a few years ago.

    It's a nice tool I've found for like AC joint stuff or any forearm/elbow stuff as well as my neck.

    For deeper stuff I actually made a kind of impact massager out of a jig saw which works 10 times better than the stim


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I have one as well that I picked up a few years ago.

    It's a nice tool I've found for like AC joint stuff or any forearm/elbow stuff as well as my neck.

    For deeper stuff I actually made a kind of impact massager out of a jig saw which works 10 times better than the stim
    What is the jig saw thing? Sounds wild
    Best Lifts unequipped
    765
    505
    755
    Best lifts Equipped
    1050
    840
    715

    Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

  6. #5
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,933
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    What is the jig saw thing? Sounds wild
    haha I'll try and remember to post a picture of it tomorrow.

    It's really impressive how much it helped. Basically I took a jig saw and took one of the blades. Wrapped the blade in electrical tape (obvious reasons) and then took a chair leg cup (smallest one I could find). I filled the chair leg cup with JB Weld and stood the blade inside the full cup for about 24 hours (I used tape to hold it straight).

    After then I just put the blade back in the saw and used it on my shoulders and forearms. Its a little abusive but works wonders for me.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  7. #6
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    haha I'll try and remember to post a picture of it tomorrow.

    It's really impressive how much it helped. Basically I took a jig saw and took one of the blades. Wrapped the blade in electrical tape (obvious reasons) and then took a chair leg cup (smallest one I could find). I filled the chair leg cup with JB Weld and stood the blade inside the full cup for about 24 hours (I used tape to hold it straight).

    After then I just put the blade back in the saw and used it on my shoulders and forearms. Its a little abusive but works wonders for me.
    I've heard car buffers are great as well.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  8. #7
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    12,686
    I have one also, and I'll use it every now and then. I've actually never thought about using it as a warmup tool, I might have to give that a try.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

  9. #8
    Senior Member Jonathan E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    474
    I love them. But personally prefer using it post-everything.
    Bench: 315x3
    Squat: 455x2
    Dead: 500

    Currently 6 ft, 230 lb.

    "All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,474
    I have one too. It's great. I also have ultra sound which is great for tendonitis.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

  11. #10
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,359
    I never got much out of stim. I have stopped ART and chiro also. Since working on conditioning, foam rolling, and dynamic stretching regularly my body has held up much better. I also do corrective exercises/stretches when something is flaring up. The best thing that has ever happened to me is having an athletic trainer for a training partner. He guides me through just about every glitch I have as of late. He works at a very very prestigious prep boarding school. He has worked with many NHL guys. It's amazing what someone can do when they really know their trade.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I never got much out of stim. I have stopped ART and chiro also. Since working on conditioning, foam rolling, and dynamic stretching regularly my body has held up much better. I also do corrective exercises/stretches when something is flaring up. The best thing that has ever happened to me is having an athletic trainer for a training partner. He guides me through just about every glitch I have as of late. He works at a very very prestigious prep boarding school. He has worked with many NHL guys. It's amazing what someone can do when they really know their trade.
    I never had ART. I quit the chiro too. I love this stim machine though. My back was aching a week ago and now its sore but I squated and pulled heavy with out pain.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    765
    505
    755
    Best lifts Equipped
    1050
    840
    715

    Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

  13. #12
    Senior Member Phillip Wylie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    967
    I have a ESTIM machine and it has worked great for me. I tweaked my upper glute a few years ago and it would never fully heal. I used a couple times and it fixed my glute problem.
    APF Elite @ 242
    Best Multi Ply Lifts: SQ 848lbs/BP 523lbs/DL 722/Total 2055lbs
    Raw Elite @ 275 (actual weight 243.9lbs)
    Best Raw Lifts: SQ 573lbs/BP 407lbs/DL 705lbs/Total 1658lbs
    My Personal Website and Training Log http:///phillipwylie.com
    http://www.youtube.com/plwylie
    http://www.criticalbench.com/Phillip-Wylie.htm
    Raw Powerlifting Website http://www.rawpl.com
    Raw Powerlifting Forum http://www.rawpl.com/smf

Similar Threads

  1. Electric Pain....
    By Footballguy in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2002, 05:30 PM
  2. Does anyone know anything about those electric ab machines on tv?
    By Behemoth in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-20-2002, 05:18 AM
  3. Russian Stim
    By MEGAMAN in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-04-2002, 11:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •