The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How to handle a bad cold?

I had a planed 10 days off (Pre-Post New Year) and the day before I was meant to be back in the gym, and looking forward to it, I got this bad cold, cough, sore throat feeling like crap. The sore throat has lasted 5 days now so I'm going into the ENT tomorrow. The symptoms are slowly getting better. Still had to work (Gotta pay the bills)

I was wondering how people on here change their diets, if at all. I wasn't moving much so I restricted my carbs and dropped my calories. Still had an appetite so eating wasn't a problem. Plenty of fluids and BCAA/Electrolyte supplement between the meals to stay well hydrated.

Is there an 'optimal' way of dealing with cold/flu when you get it during training?
    Ban Censors Donít Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It depends on the nature of the ailment. In terms of dropping cals that may not be a great idea as your body fighting the virus can be quite taxing and cutting cals may actually accelerate muscle loss. In the end, unless we are talking long term illnesses, it doesn't really matter that much.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    It depends on the nature of the ailment. In terms of dropping cals that may not be a great idea as your body fighting the virus can be quite taxing and cutting cals may actually accelerate muscle loss. In the end, unless we are talking long term illnesses, it doesn't really matter that much.
    Since I'm not moving as much wouldn't that balance out the calorie reduction? Or does the body actually need more calories AND rest in order to get better.

Doctor said I had tonsillitis and I should've been in his office 5 days ago. Feeling better, but got put on antibiotics and other meds. Sucks...other than my throat/cough I was ready to be in the gym tomorrow. Guess I'll be resting.
    Ban Censors Donít Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds