Thread: Energy Drinks: Monster Energy in particular

Hybrid View

Energy Drinks: Monster Energy in particular

The only real energy drink I've had is pre-workout, which gave me a good smooth ride throughout my training and also helped on none training days when I was crawling to get to the end of the day.

I'm out of Pre-workout but still training hard. However, I had a couple of really long days where by the end (I teach privately) I felt sorry for the kids I was teaching because mentally and physically I was exhausted. So, I decided to pound back a Monster Energy Zero.

I don't know if it was a placebo effect or if it worked, but I got through the last couple of hours focused. Are there drinks that definitely work? Are there ones to stay away from. I only plan on using them during working hours towards the end of the day when I need that extra boost.
    Ban Censors Donít Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

yea anything with caffeine really. but drinks like monster and redbull have much more caffeine than a coffee for example.while the caffeine will work, you can become less sensitive to it. so only use it when you need to.

I drink well over 10 cups of coffee everyday, i just like the taste, caffeine doesnt do shit for me anymore unless im really exhausted. the same goes for pre-workout supps.

i dont like the idea of taking mad doses of caffeine before training, while i was in the army i heard of to many incidents of very fit soldiers having heart attacks and even dying while out on a run. the shops in the infantry training camp even stopped selling energy drinks when i was there.
    last meet, GPC, Irish Open: 03/11/2012
    @ 82.5kg/ 181 junior raw
    S: 192.5kg/424
    B: 130 kg/286
    D: 225kg/495
    best gym lifts:
    S: 182.5kg/400
    B: 135 kg/300
    D: 220 kg/485

I crash hard after drinking energy drinks, so I'd rather find a good pre-workout/ caff pill to take.