Thread: routine check

routine check

Maki, and others could you check my routine make sure I am still hitting everything for gains. I was stagnant for 4 months-not gaining a pound after a 13 pound increase previously. I have added a couple hundred more calories to my diet, now I just want to make sure my lifting is in tact.

DAY1-CHEST/BACK
    Barbell Flat Bench Press
    140lbs 6reps
    150 6 reps
    160 4 reps

Barbell decline press
    110 6 reps
    120 5 reps
    130 2 reps

BACK
    Assisted Chins-gravitron
    20lbs 6/6/6

Cable seated row
    170lbs 6 reps
    180 6/6 reps

Seated High Rows
    110lbs 6 reps
    115 5 reps
    115 4 reps

** Have been on the same back routine for many months-thinking about switchin seated high rows for dumbell shrugs. What do you think?

DAY2-OFF

DAY3 LEGS

Barbell Squats
    250lbs 6 reps
    260 6 reps
    260 6 reps

Lever seated Leg Press
    330lbs 6 reps
    340 6 reps
    350 reps

Lever Lying Leg Curls
    105lbs 6 reps
    110 6 reps
    115 3 reps

Seated Calve Raises
    90lbs 8/8/8

DAY4-OFF

DAY5-Shoulder/tri/Bi

Dumbell Military Press
    45lbs 6 reps
    50 6 reps
    50 4 reps

Lever Seated Lat Raises
    120lbs 6/6/5

TRICEPS
    Cable bar Pushdowns
    140lbs 6/6/6

Overhead press
    135lbs 6/6/4

BICEPS
    Preacher Curls-Lever
    90lbs 6/5/4

Dumbell Hammer Curls
    35lbs 6reps
    40 4 reps
    40 4 reps

I tried changing some exercises in such as the barbell decline press, the barbell squats, dumbell military press, the tri routine-all to mix it up a bit. i'm 5'9 158 (on a good day) Lookin to gain at least another 10-15 pounds in the next year. Let me know what you think

PR blaster!
    If your goals are more growth oriented, I think you should up the rep scheme a bit. Maybe add a light set (drop set) for each major body part to draw blood into it. Overall looks basic and effective.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

Re: routine check

Originally posted by jock227
    Maki, and others could you check my routine make sure I am still hitting everything for gains. I was stagnant for 4 months-not gaining a pound after a 13 pound increase previously. I have added a couple hundred more calories to my diet, now I just want to make sure my lifting is in tact.

DAY1-CHEST/BACK
    Barbell Flat Bench Press
    140lbs 6reps
    150 6 reps
    160 4 reps

Barbell decline press
    110 6 reps
    120 5 reps
    130 2 reps

BACK
    Assisted Chins-gravitron
    20lbs 6/6/6

Cable seated row
    170lbs 6 reps
    180 6/6 reps

Seated High Rows
    110lbs 6 reps
    115 5 reps
    115 4 reps

** Have been on the same back routine for many months-thinking about switchin seated high rows for dumbell shrugs. What do you think?

DAY2-OFF

DAY3 LEGS

Barbell Squats
    250lbs 6 reps
    260 6 reps
    260 6 reps

Lever seated Leg Press
    330lbs 6 reps
    340 6 reps
    350 reps

Lever Lying Leg Curls
    105lbs 6 reps
    110 6 reps
    115 3 reps

Seated Calve Raises
    90lbs 8/8/8

DAY4-OFF

DAY5-Shoulder/tri/Bi

Dumbell Military Press
    45lbs 6 reps
    50 6 reps
    50 4 reps

Lever Seated Lat Raises
    120lbs 6/6/5

TRICEPS
    Cable bar Pushdowns
    140lbs 6/6/6

Overhead press
    135lbs 6/6/4

BICEPS
    Preacher Curls-Lever
    90lbs 6/5/4

Dumbell Hammer Curls
    35lbs 6reps
    40 4 reps
    40 4 reps

I tried changing some exercises in such as the barbell decline press, the barbell squats, dumbell military press, the tri routine-all to mix it up a bit. i'm 5'9 158 (on a good day) Lookin to gain at least another 10-15 pounds in the next year. Let me know what you think
    *** In all honesty I can't say much because I don't know what your previous routine is. I will say though, that I prefer higher reps mixed with some lower reps.
    Try doing 12 reps then doing 6 for your next set and then doing a back off set for your last set. The back of set is as many reps as you can with about 65-70% of your 1RM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo