The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Sore Abs...

Sore Abs...

I havent worked out my abs in a week... and even when i did i didnt push them... but now when i cough or get up out of bed any time i need to use my abs it feels like they are ripping apart from the inside... when i cough it hurts the most... HELP?
    ::Only Milk and Juice should come in 2L::
    ::R44::Belive in the bowtie::My Journal::

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your abs make up your "core" and as such are used in almost everything you do, whether it be deadlifts or seated rows. If you're recovering from a cold and have been coughing a lot, chances are you've gotten them quite sore. This is pretty common. I wouldn't worry too much. I'd be more concerned about the cough. As always, you're always better off seing an MD.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

good news pain has gone away feeling much better back to the daily grind
    ::Only Milk and Juice should come in 2L::
    ::R44::Belive in the bowtie::My Journal::

Man, I have the opposite problem. I do such hard ab work outs that I feel like I'm dying - but it never hurts after I'm done or the day after or anything. The ONLY time I have EVER felt sore in the abs was after a 40 minute cross-country ski outing. lol...

If I were you, I'd just stretch next time (or if you did, maybe you didn't do it well enough)...I don't think there's anything else you can do.
    -------------
    Heather