Thread: Gyms in NYC

Wannabebig Member

Gyms in NYC

I did not know where else to post this at. So i posted it here. Sorry if I was'nt suppose to.

anyway does anyone here know any good gyms in NYC, or in brooklyn or queens.

If so how much is it for a membership and how old do you have to be to attend?

thanks

Wannabebig Member
    Hm..well I don't live in New York, but just check the phone book would be the best thing I can think of.

west 54th st near 7/8th ave is a good gym!! Cant remember its name though, go take a look if you're there

you could go to crunch!
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Watch out for the weirdos, the weirdos come out at night.

Just sneak into a gym, they'll never know
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Hebrews 11:1
    I live in NYC, and go to NY Sports Club. It's like $78/month w/o a corporate discount.

I've been a member of the Chelsea Piers Sportsclub also (like $120/month - TOO expensive)

The most lush gym is the Reebok one (West 61st/Columbus?), you'll see celebs there. I shared an elevator with Claudia Schiffer once. but it'll cost you some serious $$$$

Synergy is much cheaper than those other gyms, but it's small and it just smells. Trust me.

Originally posted by tudmuf2b
    I live in NYC, and go to NY Sports Club. It's like $78/month w/o a corporate discount.

I've been a member of the Chelsea Piers Sportsclub also (like $120/month - TOO expensive)

The most lush gym is the Reebok one (West 61st/Columbus?), you'll see celebs there. I shared an elevator with Claudia Schiffer once. but it'll cost you some serious $$$$

Synergy is much cheaper than those other gyms, but it's small and it just smells. Trust me.
    Thank GOD I live in the subs of NYC although I live only 15 min from the city my gym is much much less. I pay 46 a month and it has it all....minus a pool.
    "Do what you got to do. Walk through a place like you F'in own it. If people don't like it, F them, you'll get over it."

NYC

Hey buddy, Email me I've lived here for a while and tasted most of the gyms at one time or another. It all depends on your lifestyle and what you are looking for with regards to your work out..

CRUNCH-is very very crowded and a bit of a social scene
    New york sports club- some of the same as crunch, a bit high brow.
    Currently I am using EASTERN ATHLETIC CLUBS they have 2 facilities in brooklyn, 2 in manhattan and one in metrotec.
    I use the 2 in brooklyn and they are great b/c their machines are never crowded, there is alot of room and wide range of equiptment and facilities. Anyway email me and I can give you better idea of some places

jock227@yahoo.com