Thread: BB Bench

BB Bench

Me and a friend are following a routine that includes BB bench. My friend doesn't want to do it though, because he reckons it'd be better to do DB bench.
    At the moment we are doing:
    BB Bench 10,10,10,10
    Incline DB Bench 12,10,8,6

Basically, the question i'm asking is; what does BB bench have over DB bench for strength and size? Why not just do DB?

(I think that its best to use variation, but he reckons its a bit pointless.)
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

PR blaster!
    You can make gains in strength and size from either movement. Some people swear by one while others swear by the other. I think if you're making progress dont screw with it till it stops or slows up.

Well for me, I make better gains with BB bench btu I tend to build my right side more than my left so every few weeks I switch to DB bench to even myself out and get the symmetry back. But I agree with sysopt that you should do whatever works best for u and don't change till u feel u plateau.
    hmmmmmmm... will i ever be big enough?

Age- 17
    Height- 5'10"
    Weight- 160

RAW lifts
    Bench- 225(1)
    Deadlift-350(1)
    Squat-285(1)

Banned
    With a BB bench, you can focus more on generating explosive power and generally go a bit heavier because you don't have to work as hard to stabilize the weight.

With DB bench, you get the benefit of the stabilization-work, and I also beleive you can usually get a bit better ROM through the exercise.

Doing 'em both is a good idea though, IMHO.