Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Road To A Double BW Bench..

closegrip 245x2 not 2times bodyweight but on my way there
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

thats good! Ive decided to try to hit 400lbs with close-grip, since my close grip strenght is almost equal to my normal strenght, and my pecs are so damn sore all the time.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Wow you guys must have some strong a*s triceps. I am going to go for 225 lbs., 5x5. Well see how things go.

well, as a matter of fact with out sounding like an ass, my tricep strenght is someting that I am very satisfied with.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

315 x 3 (2 slow, 1 paused)
    ~6" lockouts, 405 close grip, 425 medium grip.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

does lockouts help? in what manner.

Rock: Lockouts help with lockout strength and triceps strength. If you tend to fail in bench towards the last 1/3 of the movement, work on your lockouts.

Today I got 225 for 5x5.

damn this russian girl is bothering me with weird emails, anyways back to subject, ah well then I will try that, lockouts the next time
    Il go for 900lbs and to mini not moving semi lockouts, hehe....

how do you guys increase your BP weight to such extremes...

in two months i went from my body weight only once (165) to 205, but have been stuck at that weight for awhile now....

i do lots of lower reps like at 145x12, then slowly i work my way up to 205 goin by 15lb. incraments....any suggestions?
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

I'm not fat, I'm big boned faus's Avatar
    I'm sure someone is going to beat me to 2xBW bench, but I'm game! I'm at 275x1 @ 178 lbs BW (>1.5x). My strength is SLOWLY coming back to me. I'm doing HST cycles probably the rest of this year, but I still suspect I'll be at 300 by the January. I'll also be adjusting my diet to slowly decrease my BF, so I think I'm hoping to hit 2x BW at 170 lbs. Question is, training HST style, how much longer will that take rather than if I followed a strength-directed program.
    Originally posted by AdamGberg

i do lots of lower reps like at 145x12, then slowly i work my way up to 205 goin by 15lb. incraments....any suggestions?
    A lot of it depends on where you are "missing." A couple of messages here discussed lockouts. These are not only great if you're missing at lockout, but it also allows you to feel what a heavier weight feels like. For instance, if you're maxing at 205, do lockouts at about 225. The range of motion is short, and your body learns what 225 "feels" like.
    If you've got a power rack, you can set the catch bars at various heights and do partial reps. If the bar isn't coming off your chest at all, you should be doing your reps such that you pause the bar on your chest and explode the weight off.
    Also, if you workout at close to 100% of your 1RM every workout, you may want to "step back" and give your CNS, joints, and connective tissue a break. Take a couple of weeks and step down to about 70-75% of your 1RM, doing sets of 7-10. Then do a couple of weeks of doing sets of 5-8 at 80-85% of your 1RM. Then do a week of triples, then a week of doubles. Hopefully by the time your doing doubles, you'll be doing 200x2 or 205x2.
    "Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake! BEEFCAAAKE!!"
    -- Eric Cartman

early in high school my bench was not the greatest but I was still light (BW under 185). a shoulder injury from a car accident right before summer camp for senior year football was the best thing that ever happend for my bench. I had to start over from square one back to 135 lbs, and since my shoulder was fubar I learned to bench with little use of the deltoids and all triceps and chest. by the end of my freshman year in college I was doing 415 @ a BW of 205 @ 7%. I've pretty much put 15-20 lbs a year on my bench since then my best being 567 @ 229 @ 9%. I've always benched raw. After seeing many a PL tear a pec and more when his shirt failed it never seemed worth it to me to wear one...

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I benched 315 yesterday, and my training partner benched 300 as well. He is only 165, and I am 185. He is only 30lbs from his Double BW bench. I seems a small achievement compared to the 567 @229 by LAM. Which is freakin' amazing!!! Man, LAM you must be freakin' monster.

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Originally posted by LAM
    early in high school my bench was not the greatest but I was still light (BW under 185). a shoulder injury from a car accident right before summer camp for senior year football was the best thing that ever happend for my bench. I had to start over from square one back to 135 lbs, and since my shoulder was fubar I learned to bench with little use of the deltoids and all triceps and chest. by the end of my freshman year in college I was doing 415 @ a BW of 205 @ 7%. I've pretty much put 15-20 lbs a year on my bench since then my best being 567 @ 229 @ 9%. I've always benched raw. After seeing many a PL tear a pec and more when his shirt failed it never seemed worth it to me to wear one...

Dam you must be one of the best raw benchers of all time, even KAZ only benched in the lower 600's regularly, and he weighed around 320. 567 at 229 raw must be close to a world record by bodyweight.

230 lbs. for 5x5.

225@4 paused 1 touch n'go all closegrip
    175@13closegrip touch ngo

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

250x1 closegrip

Stalled on 265 out of the bottom; got the rest of the rep with fingertip assist.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

240 lbs. for 5x5.

265x1 incline

2 board press 1@193
    " " 0@200 stalled halfway
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

My bench is weak But I am determined to get my numbers up.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Today:

250 x 5, 250 x 5, 250 x 3, 250 x 2, 250 x 2.

Yesterday:

250 x 5, 250 x 5, 250 x 4, 250 x 3, 250 x 2.

Switching back to what works better for me, 2x6/8 reps.

it was time for me to switch up my routine...i switched from a BB bench to a DB bench...i only could put up 50lbsx5 in each hand where normally i bench around 200...anybody else doin lots less weight with DB?
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

275x1 nice and smooth
    300 halfway then needed some assistance then looked it out. felt like 290 would hav went
    weighed in at 175