Thread: Hi everyone.. Couple questions

A. F.

Hi everyone.. Couple questions

Was lurking around some car forums and this board came up.. Looked through about 2-3 pages of threads, learnt a couple new things. Great site!

A bit about me...

19 years old
    6'1
    204lb
    42-43" chest
    Large (wide) build

Here's a couple questions though..

1. I started working out about 8 months ago, for the first two months I didn't do my sets correctly (did not use proper form), since then I stopped for about 2 months then started again in March and been coming 3 times/week ever since. Ever since I started working out, I've been having problems with my right wrist - my doctor told me I have liquid gathering there sometimes and that causes a small swelling that hurts.. Anyone ever heard of this and how it may be treated/prevented (I use the gloves that have a strip going around the wrist)?

2. When I started working out I couldn't do more than the bar (45lb) + 15lb/each side (flat benchpress, yes I know its pretty damn little.. never worked out in my life), now I do bar, 45+20 on each side (175 I guess) twice (proper form, all the way down till it hits my chest). Am I moving at a decent rate? If not then how could I speed it up ?

3. No matter how much I work on my arms they don't seem to get bigger, is there a trick to that?

I'm not really going to cuts, just want mass for now then once I have plenty of muscle I'll start on the cuts.

Any general advices?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Re: Hi everyone.. Couple questions

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    [B]
    3. No matter how much I work on my arms they don't seem to get bigger, is there a trick to that?
    /B]
    Hi Spawn_X, glad to see you on WBB. Like you, I am new here too. I think you will take a liking to this forum. There are lots of really nice folks here and they really know there stuff about BB.

For many young people the reason they struggle to get good results with their arms are because they simply overtrain them. It's no secret we all want big arms because that is what most folks will notice first on a person. So, younger teenagers tend to work arms 2-3 times a week as well as chest, shoulders and maybe back.

You have to remember that when you do chest and shoulders, your triceps still get an awful lot of work during these pushing exercises. And when you do back, your biceps get alot of work since this is a also a pulling exercise. So arms need one day on their own......if that. Many people, and I have experienced this at times in the 3 years I've been working out, find they actually see their arms growing more when they do not directly hit them at all.

I do not know what your training schedule is like right now, so it is hard for me to give direct advice as to what your problem might be, but since you said no matter how much you work arms they don't seem to grow.....I am deducing you think more work for them may be better. It really isn't though.

Try working your arms no more than 1 time a week, and let your work with chest, shoulders, and back generate the other growth for them.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

A. F.
    up up up to get a little more response

One more question.. is it normal to get strech marks on your arms (between chest/arm) when you start working out? I seemed to have gotten some stretch marks there and they don't seem to go away...

Thanks again.

BennettBoy pretty much said it all, and said it well. A lot of people get stretch marks there, do a search for "stretch marks."
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska