Thread: Sore forearms after back routine???

Sore forearms after back routine???

First, here's my upper back routine:

-Pull Ups
    -Dumbbell Rows
    -Lat Pulldowns
    -Seated Cable Rows

After these sets, I move onto biceps. But the problem is that after I am done, my forearms are very sore, like they are getting most of the workout....

I am just wondering if it is my form that is messed up, or are the forearms a secondary muscle being worked when doing these exercises? Maybe I am doing too much weight?

I also notice that my back doesn't feel the same 'burn' I get after a successful tricep, bicep, chest, or leg workout... This also leads me to believe me form is messed up, but I did a lot of reading, and as far as I can tell, I am doing things right... I thought maybe the lats just didn't respond like other muscles on my body...

Anything to say guys?

Yes, forearms are a secondary muscle that is being exercised with back and it is normal for forearms to get sore after lifting some serious weight. My forearms always gets sore after doing heavy deadlifts. One thing that prevents forearms from getting sore is wrist straps, but I would avoid them if you want to develope your forearms. If your form was messed up, you would feel it in other places like your lower back. Also, remember when you do back exercises, pretend that your hand are just hooks on the bar, and you pull with the lats and not the biceps. Make sure you squeeze the lats hard, and do every exercise full range of motion. Hope this helps.
    405 Deadlift
    275 Bench
    365 Squat

Thanks I think it will