Page 101 of 145 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3613

Thread: Creation of a explosive Mofo!

Friday 20th October

Sleep - 7 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - slightly crappy, tired

More sleep but I don't feel too good. Maybe a delayed effect from yesterday...
    Upper body still sore

weighed 96.6kg 212.5lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Saturday 21st October

Sleep - 7.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired/sleepy

I was interrupted by the dog barking last night, but I went back to sleep quicly - so deep. I wanted to sleep in, but had to get up early, alarm woke me up
    Had 2 dreams as well, pretty weird ones at that, the 2nd one I could actually control it.... I've had more dreams this week than the last 12 months put together! This ZMA sure does work. Much deeper sleep. If only I could sleep in, which I will be able to do tommorrow and the next 3 days

felt strong today.
    Rash on my legs is still pretty bad. Hard to pinpoint what is causing it, becuase I'm taking a few different things, and made diet changes the last week when it flared up

weighed 96.6kg 212.5lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Sunday 22nd October

Sleep - 8.5 interrupted hours
    Waking Pulse - 59
    Mood - Average, slightly tired/sleepy

Sleep was really fractured - when I was able to sleep it was good, but with hoons ripping out burnouts, and drunken f*cks yelling as they walk down the street, made it hard to sleep... must have been a dance party nearby...cause I could hear some distant doof doof all night...

Waking pulse is back down below 60 though, nice. Feeling semi loose.

weighed 95.5kg 210lbs straight out of bed in underwear

woah down 2lbs from my morning average!
    I usually eat quite a lot at dinner so combined with the fact I have to get up early most of the time, my bodyweight has been artifically high.
    Today I was able to sleep in much later. So the drop in weight is probbaly a real bodyweight drop since I changed my diet by dropping out cereal+oat milk (still have it there after training though).
    I have noticed my face looked leaner, but I wasn't sure, since my scale wasn't backing me here, well it finally does
    I'm eating normally, with lots of carbs, and averaging at least 2000 calories, well over what I was taking in when I was dieting properly. So it can't be water weight, and my muscle seems to be all there, as my strength is rising.
    ZMA has got be helping too, stopping my testosterone from dropping or restoring to where it should be
    Better nutrient partitioning, plus deeper sleep is supposed to help the body process carbs better too...

haven't been drinking as much water these days. So I should get back on it, the ice cold water thing, which will help the fatloss even more

Sunday 22nd October - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 6 - Day 1 - BBALL - Micro cycle 10

Went to my usual outdoor BBall court hangout. Cold, I don't jump as well when it's cold..

Bodyweight in shorts and t shirt - 211lbs
    Workout time - 1 hour
    Workout rating - 7/10

1 month since I last BBall'ed.
    Not that fresh today, hammies ached when I dip to jump. But I am down 3lbs from last time without even dieting!

standing Vertical Jump was up an inch and my one step VJ is back up 2 inches to my current best, but the difference is that I'm 7kg 15+lbs heavier!
    I'm working my weight back down there and then some, while keep boosting my strength up. My hops have no choice but to go up, and hopefully by a lot
    Running jump still needs much more work. More practise. I seem to be scared when doing it which messes up my timing. I don't know why though, I can do depth jumps off 30+ inches fine

Shoulder felt much looser, hook shots and jumpshots much much easier than before. But I need more. I will drop pullups, everytime I loosen up my tight lats those tighten it back up :/
    Also fitness has gone downhill. Need to get back into tempo sprints...

Some guy wanted to play me one on one, but I declined. He called me "big man" - funny hearing myself called that
    Hopefully when I get lean I'll be more athletic than "big"
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 10-22-2006 at 02:11 AM.

I was just trying to read that link you had with quad or ham dominant running, but I couldn't find it.

Would you be able to find the link to the article? Or explain how I can tell - it looks interesting. And I suspect I may be ham dominant, but I'm not sure.

Which one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    I was just trying to read that link you had with quad or ham dominant running, but I couldn't find it.

Would you be able to find the link to the article? Or explain how I can tell - it looks interesting. And I suspect I may be ham dominant, but I'm not sure.

Which one is better?
    hammie is better off course, you will bounce more like this
    quad running is more muscled and slower

it's talked or refered to in a few of the articles here - all the speed/sprinter ones and building a champion ones too
    http://www.inno-sport.net/Chris%20Korfist.htm

watch the vids in the articles to see the visual difference

that took a lot of work! You owe me

Monday 23rd October

Sleep - 7.5 + 3.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - 60
    Mood - Average

7.5 hours of deep sleep, and another 3 hours of lighter sleep. Not bad.
    I went to bed soon after eating when I came back home from BBall - real early
    I don't even feel drained at all like I normally do after lots of jumping at BBall. Upper body and spinal erectors mdoerately sore, but my legs aren't trashed. All due to the calf work I'm sure. My lower legs just weren't strong enough to take the forces before.

weighed 94.9kg 208.8lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    long sleep = low waking bodyweight

might go for a 12min walk and some active recovery work, plus easy stretching etc

I haven't bothered logging the last 2 days because I only got 4-5 hours sleep each night..achey upper body as well.
    Skipped my upper body strength workout as a result. I figure I need the extra rest anyway.

Better sleep last night about 7 hours, but freaking dog woke me up in the middle of the night!

bodyweight did drop down a bit too, but now it's backup to 96kg 211lbs

anyway will do my lower body strength workout today.

Thursday 26th October - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 6 - Day 2 - Lower Strength - Micro cycle 10

I washed my car just before heading to gym and man that really tired me out. Felt so dead and lethargic, but somehow by the moneys sets I was cranking it, go figure! Maybe its a fake tired - just the slow twitch fibers were fatigued

Body weight at gym - 214lbs
    Workout time - 2 hours
    Workout rating - 8/10

General warm up -

20sec ISO holds - quarter squat, on toes, on heels (toes pulled up), hip back wide stance squat at parallel, on side of feet (for ankles), narrow full squat at bottom on toes

1) dynamic stretches and swings, rocking on side of ankle etc
    2) back extension BWx5 + 4 twisting to each alternate side
    3) sit up complex on swiss ball
    4) various hops
    6) bar complex with 30lbs - 5 reps each - slow hang clean pull onto toes, military press, explosive GM onto toes, snatch grip press, hang power clean, power jerks

Rotating Sets between each exercise

Resting 2mins on warm ups and 3+ min on work sets

Full Squats - high bar, medium stance - Oly Shoes - no Belt

warm ups - semi explosive in sneakers - BWx8, Bar x 8, 95x8, 135x6, 185x5, 225x5
    in oly shoes - 265x3, 295x3, 325x2

Hold at middle on the way down, pause at bottom, driven up hard
    Rotation 1) 295lbs x 3 --> last rep hard strain
    Rotation 2) 295lbs x 3
    Rotation 3) 295lbs x 3 (+1 rep)
    Rotation 4) 295lbs x 3 + extra full set
    Rotation 5) 295lbs x 2 --> failed on the 3rd rep at the bottom

still feels somewhat hard, but work capacity is up. Felt pretty strong at the middle hold, no problems.
    I could tell I was gonna fail on the last set, body tried to GM the 2nd rep, and it was hard to hold at the middle on the 3rd rep..... I just about reached isometric failure too. Big pump in the spinal erectors all the way up the back on the last 2 sets!
    Stay here one more session I guess till I can crank out 5 full sets, and then up the weight

CleanPull + Eccentric RDL Combo - HookGrip - in Oly Shoes - no belt

did these in between the warm up sets on squats

Powerclean + 2 High Hang Power cleans - 89lbs, 129lbs,
    Powerclean + high hang Powerclean - 159lbs
    Powerclean x 2 - with a 15 sec reset between each rep - 179lbs, 199lbs, 219lbs --> New PR!

Lowered under control RDL style, 15 sec reset between each rep
    Rotation 1) 249lbs x 2
    Rotation 2) 249lbs x 2
    Rotation 3) 249lbs x 2

Woot I finally doubled a power clean over my body weight!
    Surprising on a day I felt so tired, and the lighter warmup sets didn't feel all that easy. Form was good, didn't feel as hard as I expected, pretty snappy, and both reps with caught at the same height - just a 1/4 to 1/8 type squat with feet at the same position as off the floor

Clean pulls also surprised me, first set was kinda rusty, and the first 6 inches off the floor was hard, difficult to keep my back position, but once I got the bar to mid thigh I popped it up to 2-3 inches off my sternum easily without muscling it. I can't get it any higher as the arms get in the way, and traps max out their ROM etc
    Every rep felt crisp and were all popped to the same height, even the lowering felt much easier than before. Pretty amazing considering I'm also alternating sets of gut busting paused squats with these!
    Hmm, maybe I can double 250lbs on powercleans for at least 3 sets? It looks like I can get it high enough...but technically I'm not strong enough to be doing that.....hmmmmm

---------

minimal rest between each exercise

Standing Calf raise - Body weight - 10 sec stretched hold then 10 reps

Lat Machine situp - BW x 12 (progressively lower each rep with hold at bottom)

Single Leg Seated Calf raise - one set for with just the machine's own weight, 10sec stretched hold then 10 reps,

Toe curls on lying leg curl machine - 1 Plate x 12

obliques trashed, skipped the sideways situp. Just one light set of each this session. A down week and just get some blood in there

--
    lower body, and lower back stretches.
    Reach, roll and lift type stretch for upper body + 5 lifts x 2 sets
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 10-26-2006 at 02:02 AM.

Friday 27th October

Sleep - 6.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Slightly crappy, tired

another night of crap sleep, damn dog! I do feel fatigued, but not the beat down drained type feeling though.
    Whole posterior chain is pretty sore, glutes and spinal erectors especially. Upper back/traps sore too.

weighed 95.7kg 210.54lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    average bodyweight is coming down, and without dieting

Saturday 28th October

Sleep - 6.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Slightly crappy, tired

Ok sleep, just not enough of it, late to bed, early to rise etc
    Woke up with a sore throat, tonsils inflamed..but I didn't notice after an hour or so. I think due to the food I've been eating the last few days, and not an overtraining issue, lots of pepper etc
    Lower body still fairly sore, but is feeling strong

brothers wedding today..

weighed 96.5kg 212.3lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    lots of carbs yesterday

Sunday 29th October

Sleep - 6 hours
    Waking Pulse - 59
    Mood - Slightly crappy, slightly tired/sleepy

Not much choice in sleep due to my brother's wedding. Waking pulse is back down 59 though.
    Throat is really sore now, a bit worse than yesterday, and it's still there after a few hours, everytime I swallow it hurts! All that wedding food and drinks don't help... anyway it's not often your brother gets married, plus the bridesmaid was hot ..very pretty, fairly tall and sleek

Legs and hips feel so damn strong, especially in that position where I do the hold coming down in the squat, ie getting off a chair/toilet feels explosive as hell
    Off to the gym today to get my upper body strength workout back into gear.

weighed 96.4kg 212lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    weight didn't go up, surprised here, because I ate a lot of bad foods and drinks...

get some sleep foo'!

Quote Originally Posted by heathj
    get some sleep foo'!

fo shizzle!

Sunday 29th October - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 7 - Day 1 - Upper Strength - Microcycle 10

Good workout. No issues, everything felt solid

Body weight at gym - 215lbs
    Workout time - 1.5 hours
    Workout rating - 8/10

General warm up -

1) whole body dynamic stretches and swings
    2) scapular push ups - on bench x 10, x12

Resting 1 to 2mins on warm ups and 3+ mins between each exercise on work sets

stretched the side of neck and upper trap, 15secs each, at the start of each warm up and work set rotation

16inch grip Bench - shoulders slightly tucked, no arch or leg drive

Warm ups - Semi Explosive - Bar x 12, 95lbs x 10, 135x10, 165x5, 195x4, 225x3

controlled, no bounce, driven up hard
    Rotation 1) 255lbs x 4 --> gut busting strain on last rep
    Rotation 2) 255lbs x 3
    Rotation 3) 255lbs x 3
    Rotation 3) 255lbs x 2

1-2% weaker, but given the situation last week, not too bad. And I did triple 225 in the warmup instead of doubling it like last time.
    Was able to get quite few sets despite all the hard straining, especially on the first set, just about stalled 3/4 of the way up, but somehow locked it out, damn long strain!
    I seemed to relax and abruptly spring the weight up powerfully at the bottom an inch above the reversal point when the reps got hard, kinda plyo like, without actually bouncing it on the chest, which probably me allowed me to get it done
    Felt solid, no hint of impingement or pain issues at all, even when doing this.

Chest Supported T-Bar Rows - medium overhand grip

warm ups - Explosive - BAR x10, +25lbs x 5, +45x5, +70x4, +90x3, +115x3, +135x2

Explosive
    Rotation 1) Bar + 135lbs x 4 --> last rep slower
    Rotation 2) Bar + 135lbs x 4
    Rotation 3) Bar + 135lbs x 4

up the explosive sets 10lbs. Powerful, able to rattle the plates loudly on each rep, except on the 4th which was a bit slower, with a lesser rattle. No clang on the 3rd set's last rep, called it a day there.

-------------------------------------------------------

Resting 1 min on warm ups and 2 mins between each exercise on work sets

Elbow on Knee single arm External Rotation - started from bottom

warm ups - 4kg x 8, 8kg x 5,

controlled - 1.5 min between sides
    Rotation 1) 8kg x12 --> last rep hard strain

Dip Shrugs

warm ups - bench dip style x 12, regular 10sec Hold + 5 reps

controlled with a 2 sec hold at top
    Rotation 1) BW x 19

-----------------------

Cool down - Restorative - stretches

Static stretches - lats, shoulders, rear delt, bicep, tricep, cuffs and lower body

shoulder dislocates

reach, roll and lift x 5 x 2 sets each side
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 10-30-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Monday 30th October

Sleep - nap + 7 + 1.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - 61
    Mood - Decent

Throat is pretty darn sore, even more sore than yesterday! Rash is just about gone though.
    Upper body pretty sore, and hips as well.

weighed 95.7kg 210.54lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Tuesday 31st October

Sleep - 7.5 + 1.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - 66
    Mood - Average, slightly tired

Throat still really sore. Upper body still really sore, and hips a bit achey.
    Not feeling that fresh, but there is a bit of spring to my step now.

weighed 95.1kg 209.22lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 10-30-2006 at 11:56 PM.

Tuesday 31st October - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 7 - Day 2 - Speed/Power - Microcycle 10

Workout at local rugby field down the road.

Good workout, but I didn't feel all that fresh. Feet and ankles aching a bit.
    Bodyweight down slightly from the last time I did this workout, but I went through a 2 litre bottle of water, that probably added quite a bit of weight to me by the end of the workout, and I wasn't sweating much

Switched over to doing jump variations, need to get my form into shape.
    And added some energy work/intervals to get fitness/work capacity up and help mobilise some fat

Body weight at gym - 211.42lbs in shorts and t-shirt
    Workout time - 1.75 hours
    Workout rating - 8/10

Warm up

warm up - 15 sec ISO holds - quarter squat, on toes, on heels (toes pulled up), hip back wide stance squat at parallel, on side of feet (for ankles), narrow full squat at bottom on toes.

dynamic stretches and swings, rocking on side of ankle, standing on one leg with eyes shut, various hops in place in bare feet at home. Running in the spot type drills.

- 15mins worth up to this point

Slow Jog - 50m x 5 - 1 mins rest, getting faster each run

Run complex increasing in speed each run to 50% speed - 1.5 mins rest
    2 sets - trying to stay as smooth, relaxed and fluid as possible
    25m prime times (stiffed legged runs), 10m straight run, then into lateral run, right side 5m, left side 5m, into backwards run 5m, then two 360 pivots to each side.

Resting 1-2 mins on warm ups and 3 mins between each exercise on work sets

Jumps on Concrete/Tarmac floor

warm ups - did a set of 2 altitude drops and 1 depth jump going higher time, up to 4 steps. Also a few speed hops on/off a 6inch step

Rotation 1) 2 x standing Vertical Jump + 3 x three step VJ

Rotation 2) same - standing VJ much higher, and 3 step VJ very explosive

Rotation 3) same - a little lower, not feeling quite as good

Rotation 4) Standing VJ, 2 x running one legged jump, 2 x three step VJ

Rotation 5) Standing VJ, 2 x running one legged jump, three step VJ, Standing VJ, three step VJ

Rotation 6) Standing VJ, 2 x running one legged jump, 2 x three step VJ

2nd set of VJ went up like a rocket, felt insane, and possibly a half an inch higher than my best here. Hard to tell though. The 3 step VJ felt real good too on this set, but I wasn't able to get the same feeling again.
    Called it a day after the 6th set, achey and tired. I resisted the temptation to try one more set like I normally do, gotta stay disciplined.

form for all the other jumps needs some work, they were a bit lower than my standing jump. But then again I find it hard to jump against the pole! Next time I'll probably go to another park further away to train. It has a nicer rugby field with an outdoor BBall court right next to it. So I can jump properly, BBall and sprint all in the same workout. Funny I never thought of using it before...

Sprints - 3 point start - in spikes - Grass field - hand timed

Warm ups - 1 min rest between each rep
    2x2 40m runs up to 70% speed
    a single 40m acceleration run to 90% speed, between each set of warmup depth jumps

Rotation 1) 4.2 secs
    Rotation 2) 4.4 secs
    Rotation 3) 4.4 secs --> in sneakers and from casual standing start
    Rotation 4) 40m run at 50% speed in sneakers
    Rotation 5) 40m run at 50% speed in sneakers
    Rotation 6) 40m run at 50% speed in sneakers

Distance is probably around 30m, hard to tell now without the field markings.
    felt slow on the main runs, but the warmup acceleration runs felt solid.
    Did the slower runs just to stay in the groove for the energy work to come, plus my feet were hurting by now and it was hard to run at full speed effort wise.

----------------------------------------

Energy Work - Intervals - in Sneakers

1) 50m sprint at 60% speed
    walk back to start - 30 secs rest

2) 50m zig-zag run at 50% speed
    walk back to start - 30 secs rest

repeat x 5 - except substituted last 50m sprint with sideways and backwards run complex

woah my spinal erectors, obliques and VMO were trashed after these, mostly from the zig-zag runs! One tired boy after this, had to set down to remove pump from lower back
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 10-31-2006 at 12:30 AM.

Wednesday 1st November

Sleep - 7 interrupted hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired

Having people stay over in the hosue means interrupted sleep, but at least they will be gone today...
    Don't feel too bad though, no drained feeling, and not that sore as I expected. Just an overall achey feeling in my upper body (still sore from the upper body workout a few days ago) and posterior chain.
    Maybe sometime soon I can start to run and do energy work more frequently...

weighed 95.3kg 209.66lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    looking leaner, more athletic
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 10-31-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Thursday 2nd November

Sleep - 6 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired/sleepy

Late night. I'll take a nap before training to freshen up.
    Throat still sore, but it feels to be getting better. A little achey all over

weighed 95.8kg 210.76lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Thursday 2nd November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 7 - Day 3 - Upper 2 Prehab_Rehab - Microcycle 10

Nap before this workout helped. Felt semi-strong, and made progress all round, so I can't complain. Damn tiring though and I had hunger pains...
    Every week I feel like I'm gonna lose strength, but I never do.

Body weight at gym - 214.5lbs
    Workout time - 1.75+ hours
    Workout rating - 8/10

General warm up -

1) whole body dynamic stretches and swings
    2) scapular push ups - on bench x12

Resting 1-2 min on warm ups and 3 mins between each exercise on work sets, 4 mins at end of each rotation

16inch grip standing Military Press - pushed behind the head at the top

Warm ups - with slight hold at top - Bar x 8, 95 x5, 115 x4, 135x3

controlled, 3 sec hold at top, 2 sec pause at bottom
    Rotation 1) 155lbs x 5 --> medium strain on last rep
    Rotation 2) 155lbs x 4 --> hard strain on last rep

Easier all round so I am stronger even if I didn't go for the 5th rep on the 2nd set, but I'll have it within the next the next workout or two, as the first set is quite a bit easier now. Then up to 165lbs. Must be getting real close to a bodyweight press for a double, I can probbaly do 9 reps with 155lbs now. When I last did 155x7 I could double 195lbs.

Shoulder width Pull ups

warm ups - Shoulder width Pull downs, 2 sec hold on the last rep - 35kg x 10, 50kg x5, 65kg x5, 70kg x4, Pullup x 1

controlled, 3 sec hold at top, 2 sec pause at bottom
    Rotation 1) BW 214.5 + 10lbs x 5 (+1 rep)
    Rotation 2) BW 214.5 + 10lbs x 4

Much easier than last time, but still hard strains on both sets.

Dumbbell Bench - arms/elbows by side - neutral grip

warm ups - 30lbs x8, 65x5, 80x5, 90x3,

controlled, 2 sec pause, shoulders pushed off bench at top
    Rotation 1) 95lbs x 7 (+1 rep) --> medium strain on last rep
    Rotation 1) 95lbs x 7 --> hard strain on last rep

Up one rep, felt damn good. Once I get 8 reps for both sets I'll go up to 100lb dumbells, definitely a milestone for me! Grip strength must be up as I could carry the 95s and setup with them a lot easier than last time.
    120s are the heaviest at my gym. Don't think I've seen anyone use over 100s without a spot and do em nice and controlled with a closegrip like me either....

Dumbbell Curls

warm ups - 15lbs x 6, 30x5, 35x4, 40x3

controlled and strict
    Rotation 1) 45lbs x 6 --> hard strain on last rep
    Rotation 1) 40lbs x 6 --> hard strain on last rep

-----------------------

Cooldown - Restorative - ISO stretches

Subscap raises 5kg x 15 (paused) + 35 sec Pec/Subscap stretched ISO hold

single arm Face Pulls - 35lbs x 6, 50lbs x 17 with hold on each rep

stretches etc
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 11-02-2006 at 01:18 AM.