Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3613

Thread: Creation of a explosive Mofo!

Sleep and diet hasn't been the greatest the last 3 days. Especially diet, as each day I had like a 7 hour gap between my 2nd and 3rd meals....

Makes me a bit worried for tody's lower body strength workout

Sunday 5th November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 8 - Day 1 - Lower Strength - Micro cycle 10

Kinda crappy workout - felt *****ty. Strength was ok, but no power.
    Definitely a fatigue workout, tiring.
    Bodyweight was down a bit so that's good.

Body weight at gym - 213lbs
    Workout time - 2.5 hours
    Workout rating - 7/10

General warm up -

20sec ISO holds - quarter squat, on toes, on heels (toes pulled up), hip back wide stance squat at parallel, on side of feet (for ankles), narrow full squat at bottom on toes

1) dynamic stretches and swings, rocking on side of ankle etc
    2) back extension BWx5 + 4 twisting to each alternate side
    3) sit up complex on swiss ball
    4) various hops
    6) bar complex with 30lbs - 5 reps each - slow hang clean pull onto toes, military press, explosive GM onto toes, snatch grip press, hang power clean, power jerks

Rotating Sets between each exercise

Resting 2mins on warm ups and 3+ min on work sets

Full Squats - high bar, medium stance - Oly Shoes - no Belt

warm ups - semi explosive in sneakers - BWx8, Bar x 8, 95x8, 135x6, 185x5, 225x5
    in oly shoes - 265x3, 295x2, 325x2

Hold at middle on the way down, pause at bottom, driven up hard
    Rotation 1) 295lbs x 3
    Rotation 2) 295lbs x 3
    Rotation 3) 295lbs x 3
    Rotation 4) 295lbs x 3
    rested 5mins
    Rotation 5) 295lbs x 3 (+1 rep) --> one extra full set, slight GM on last rep

Honestly I don't know how I got 5 full sets, up one from last time. I felt queezy and not too strong, but I did it! Damn hard work though. GM'ed the last rep a bit, but seeing as I couldn't even get off the bottom on the last rep last session, it's all good
    Anyway time to go up in weight next time. Need to drop the volume a lot so, probably go up to 315lbs. Hopefully I can triple it per set as well.
    I was holding my breath for each rep today, which made things hard. I can't remember if I did the same in the previous weeks.

CleanPull + Eccentric RDL Combo - HookGrip - in Oly Shoes - no belt

did these in between the warm up sets on squats

Powerclean + 2 High Hang Power cleans - 89lbs, 111lbs, 131lbs, 155lbs
    Powerclean x 2 - with a 20-30 sec reset between each rep - 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs --> New PR!

Lowered under control RDL style, 15 sec reset between each rep
    Rotation 1) 255lbs x 2 (+5lbs)
    Rotation 2) 255lbs x 2
    Rotation 3) 255lbs x 2

Hard work. Warm up powercleans felt hard and the cleanpulls even harder. I wasn't able to pop the cleanpulls as high as last time.
    225x2 PR on powercleans was nice, but harder than it should have been. I think if I had felt like last week, 235x2 would have gone down and much easier/higher than 225x2 today. Which would have been nice as 235 was my 1RM a few months ago. Form wasn't so crash hot either, arm whip was a tad slow. But I feel stronger in the catch position due to those mid squat holds.

Video of the 225x2 Powerclean PR - form better on the 2nd rep. Felt heavy. Lots of arm bend and too springy on the catch, at least the jump makes it kinda like a reactive squat I guess.
    Right click on light and save to avoid errors
    http://www.members.optushome.com.au/...5x2_5Nov06.mpg

---------

minimal rest between each exercise

Standing Calf raise - Body weight - 10 sec stretched hold then 10 reps
    10sec hold + 5 reps with a hold at top, mid and bottom - 4 plates, 8 Plates
    8P feeling much easier, time to go up in weight

Lat Machine situp - BW x 12 (progressively lower each rep with hold at bottom)
    2sec hold at bottom on each rep - dumbbell on chest - 25lbs x 8, 50lbs x 8

Single Leg Standing leg Curl - hold at top, mid and bottom - 3 plates x 5, 5 plates x 5, 6 plates x 5

seeing how well these holds work so well for my calves, much stronger and a bit bigger, why not try it on the hammies. If it works, then that's gotta help a lot of things like my squat etc

Toe curls on lying leg curl machine - 1 Plate x 12, 2P x 5
    with a hold at top, mid and bottom - 3plates x 5

--
    lower body, and lower back stretches

Hi Blitz I watched the mid pause squat whats it for? Thanks Bill
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Monday 6th November

Sleep - 7 + 2 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, slightly tired/sleepy

Sleep not that good, the volume is there, but not the quality.
    Hmm, very interesting, I'm not as sore as I expected, zero drained feeling after all the stuff I did yesterday!
    Achey posterior chain, calves, quads and upper back

weighed 95.2kg 209.44lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    slowly trimming up

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    Hi Blitz I watched the mid pause squat whats it for? Thanks Bill
    Brute strength

Instead of just dropping down to the bottom like some people do, you have to have static strength to control and hold it. Good for developing isometric strength needed for the catch in the clean and jumping
    If you ahve weak hammies it will be hard holding it there

Kills the stretch reflex too.

only recommened if you have no knee problems. If you do, then lots of ankle and hip mobility work will sort that out.
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....6-101-training

Tuesday 7th November

Sleep - 7 hours
    Waking Pulse - 62
    Mood - Average, slightlytired/sleepy

Got woken up early by my boss at my part time job, he wanted me to fill in for someone that didn't show. I said no, still it stuffed up the rest of my day..grrr

quads, posterior chain and groin still achey. Legs getting bigger too it looks like.

weighed 94.7kg 208.34lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    it's getting lower

Tuesday 7th November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 8 - Day 2 - Upper Strength - Microcycle 10

Funny workout. I felt decent, but not that strong, yet I didn't feel all that tired.

So I was able to do 2 sets of the stuff at the end and more stretching

Body weight at gym - 213.5lbs
    Workout time - 1.5 hours
    Workout rating - 7/10

General warm up -

1) whole body dynamic stretches and swings
    2) scapular push ups - on bench x 10, x12

Resting 1 to 2mins on warm ups and 3+ mins between each exercise on work sets

stretched the side of neck and upper trap, 15secs each, at the start of each warm up

and work set rotation

16inch grip Bench - shoulders slightly tucked, no arch or leg drive

Warm ups - Semi Explosive - Bar x 12, 95lbs x 10, 135x10, 165x5, 195x4, 225x3

controlled, no bounce, driven up hard
    Rotation 1) 255lbs x 4 --> mega gut busting strain on last rep

14 inch grip - Explosive
    Rotation 2) 205lbs x 4
    Rotation 3) 205lbs x 4
    Rotation 3) 205lbs x 4

That last rep of the first set was even slower and harder than last time. I stopped

at 3/4 of the way up and it took me 2-3 secs to look out the rest...
    Progress has stalled the last 3 workouts here. Guess it's time to change things up

and hit my weakness, especially since I've been doing the same crap for months. In

this case I'm pretty sure I lack power...I can strain with the best of em, but I

haven't done any explosive pressing in almost a year.
    But why has my dumbell paused bench and military press gone up in that time...?

That's why I switched straight away to explosive work. Narrowed my grip an inch each

side, went down fast, but not quite dive bombed. Will probably alternate these with

Paused, ISO hold benches on a week to week basis like my chest supported rows. The

Paused ISO hold stuff seems to work really well for me on the other stuff, so why not

Chest Supported T-Bar Rows - medium overhand grip

warm ups - Explosive - BAR x10, +25lbs x 5, +45x5, +70x4, +90x3, +115x3, +135x2

Explosive
    Rotation 1) Bar + 170lbs x 4
    Rotation 2) Bar + 170lbs x 3
    Rotation 3) Bar + 170lbs x 4
    Rotation 4) Bar + 170lbs x 2 --> felt hard so stopped there

Not feeling so freaked out of the load now. Funny feeling, I was relaxed but yet it

was still hard, but without the mind ***** I normally get. Could be the ZMA?
    Last time I did 170x4, 160x4, 160x3. So making a bit of progress. Stay here till I

get 4 reps across the board then up to 4 plates

-------------------------------------------------------

Resting 1 min on warm ups and 2 mins between each exercise on work sets

Elbow on Knee single arm External Rotation - started from bottom

warm ups - 4kg x 8, 8kg x 5,

controlled - 1.5 min between sides
    Rotation 1) 25lbs x 11 (+1 rep NEW PR! )--> last rep hard strain
    Rotation 2) 25lbs x 8

getting there, goal is 30lbs x 8. Enough to match my closegrip bench goals of 315x5

Dip Shrugs

warm ups - regular 10sec Hold + 6 reps

controlled with hold at top
    Rotation 1) BW x 20
    Rotation 2) BW x 20 --> much harder

-----------------------

Cool down - Restorative - stretches

Static stretches - lats, shoulders, rear delt, bicep, tricep, cuffs and lower body

Dip/Pushup stretched ISO hold - knee on floor - 1min.
    Nice stretch for front delt, pec and serratus. Makes sense on the serratus, as front

raises slightly to the side work em, so pulling the arm behind the shoulder should

stretch em.

reach, roll and lift x 5 with hold each side
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 11-07-2006 at 12:23 AM.

Wednesday 8th November

Sleep - 7 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired

Feel tired. Sore upper body
    Ran out of ZMA yesterday, 30 days supply. So I went to buy some more, picked up a bigger one. 90 days supply of ON ZMA, and it works out cheaper too, I get a month for free! That will save me quite a bit over time, as I'm definitely taking these everyday for the rest of my life.. I get 2-3 different dreams each night since I started taking it!

weighed 96.3kg 211.86lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    big jump back up
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 11-08-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Thursday 9th November

Sleep - 6 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?

Late night, not enough sleep. Upper body still sore, especially my cuffs

Thanks Blitz
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Thursday 9th November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 8 - Day 3 - Lower Power/Strength - Micro cycle 10

Didn't feel like running today, plus it was cold, overcast and a bit wet. So I just went to the gym and did my jumps and squat. Will add some running before the upper body workout on Sunday to make up I think.
    Been a while since I squatted on consecutive lower body days too.

One thing I noticed today - earlier in the year when I had poor ankle and hip mobility, plus weak calves, I would feel tension in my knees anytime I squatted and jumped. But now that I have good ankle/hip mobility and stronger calves, I only feel it in the muscle belly of my quads. Big difference in feel.
    Lower back was pumped and tight the whole workout, very annoying!!

Body weight at gym - 214.5lbs
    Workout time - 1.5 hours
    Workout rating - 8/10

General warm up -

20sec ISO holds - quarter squat, on toes, on heels (toes pulled up), hip back wide stance squat at parallel, on side of feet (for ankles), narrow full squat at bottom on toes

2) sit up complex on swiss ball
    3) various hops, prime times, running in the spot drills

Resting 2-3mins

Vertical Jumps and hops

Warm up - sets of 2-3 jumps going higher/harder each time

did these in between the warm up sets on squats

1) 5 hops on/off a 6 inch step
    rest 1min

2)
    a)Standing Vertical jump,
    b) one step VJ
    c) 2 x running one legged jump
    d) 2 x three step VJ

sequence for 6 sets total

Jump was pretty explosive. Most of the jumps were the same as my current highest at the gym when I weighed 198lbs. Which is nice, so power to weight ratio is well up. The last time I jumped at the gym at this body weight I was 3 inches lower all round. Gonna be sweet when I get back under 200lbs.

Running one legged jump improved a lot timing wise, went better each following set.
    Stopped at 6 sets, on a high note, everything was "soaring", but needed to leave some gas for my squats. 6 inch step hops were starting to feel ragged though.

warm ups - controlled down, semi explosive up in sneakers - Bar x 8, 95x8, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5
    in oly shoes - 275x3, 305x2, 335x2

Hold at middle on the way down, pause at bottom, driven up hard - 4 to 5 mins rest
    1) 315lbs x 3 (+20lbs -3 sets)
    2) 315lbs x 3 --> just made the last rep, slight GM on last 2 reps.

Every time I jumped, it made my body relaxed, "light" and snappy, but then when I put the bar on my back, my body was like WTF you want me to strain now? So all the weight above 225lbs felt heavy as hell on my back, made me realise that anything above 275 is not exactly light. But once I dropped back from 335 to 315 for the work sets and stopped jumping by then, it felt good.

Only just made the last rep of the 2nd set so called it a day there. Hard to breath as well and the jumping made it feel a bit harder too. Will repeat what I did with 295lbs and push up my work capacity till I hit to 5 full sets and then on to 335lbs to hit my goal for 3x3 done the same way. Hopefully that means I've added 40lbs to my squat to crack 405, but if the gains keep coming then I'll keep it going to 355lbs 3x3.... should bump up my powerclean too.

Video of the 2nd set of squats. First rep was ok, but mid hold of the others needs to come down 2 inches

Right click on light and save to avoid errors
    http://www.members.optushome.com.au/...15x3_Nov06.mpg

--

Nice video, awesome squats !!
    37 y/o, 6'1
    Current Weight: 265 Current BF: 21%+

Online Journal

"Its simple; if it jiggles, its fat" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadUnit
    Nice video, awesome squats !!
    thanks, getting there

Friday 10th November

Sleep - 6.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired

Took ages to fall asleep, a bit jacked up I think from the workout.
    A little sapped and achey all over, but not all that sore surprisingly and I don't feel drained either. Even though sleep wasn't that great quantity wise.
    Things are looking up

weighed 95.8kg 210.76lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 11-10-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Saturday 11th November

Sleep - 5+ hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired

Took ages to fall asleep again, and I woke up early. I don't know whats up with this, been like that the last few days. Gotta be careful and nip it on the bud before things get out of hand...
    But when I was asleep it was deep.
    Most of the aches are gone, feet has that semi-springy, snappy feeling, so it means I recovered pretty quickly from that last workout even with crap sleep!

I was watching that Rhadi Ferguson squat vid on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTovxqpDqzc before I went to bed, and what do you know I had a dream of me playing in a high level Rugby game, and I scored a try in the dying seconds to seal the win to advance to the finals, and Rhadi Ferguson was the guy on my team who kicked the ball off to restart, and the TV commentators in the dream said " Finally Rhadi Ferguson gets into the finals" LOL

weighed 95.7kg 210.54lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Sunday 12th November

Sleep - 6.5 + 2 hours
    Waking Pulse - 56

56 Lowest waking pulse in a while. 6.5 hours of deep sleep and 2 hours of lying around. Upper body feels achey from all the crap I did yesterday, lower body feels good. Lower back tight though.

weighed 96.8kg 212.96lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    bloated!
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 11-12-2006 at 02:21 AM.

Sunday 12th November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 9 - Day 1 - Lower Strength - Micro cycle 10

Average workout, felt kinda crappy throughout, humid as hell, hard to breath. I didn't feel like training my upper body today, kinda beat up there. And the running I had planned. But I did feel like squatting! Pretty frequent squatting this week...3rd session since last Sunday. Legs felt ok anyway
    I went to the gym real late and I couldn't finish it with my hammie and calf work before the gym shut... left with a massive mid quad pump and ballooned up lower back...could barely walk...annoying....

Body weight at gym - 214lbs
    Workout time - ?
    Workout rating - 7/10

General warm up -

2) back extension BWx5 + 4 twisting to each alternate side
    3) sit up complex on swiss ball
    4) various hops
    6) bar complex with 30lbs - 5 reps each - slow hang clean pull onto toes, military press, explosive GM onto toes, snatch grip press, hang power clean, power jerks

Cleans

did these in between the warm up sets on squats - 2-3 mins rest between

In sneakers - Powerclean + 2 High Hang Power cleans - 89lbs, 119lbs, 144lbs, 155lbs
    in oly shoes - Powerclean + 2 High Hang Power cleans - 175lbs --> +10lbs New PR!

Hmm didn't think I had any speed today. But the 155lbs high hang powercleans were so much easier and snappy, I took at shot at 175lbs, and boom, got me a new PR! First HH Powerclean was high, didn't have to dip at all, 2nd one was 2 inches lower so had to dip a bit. I'll use this as my new upper working weight now.

Form felt real good, wish I brought my camera to film it. Felt my calves and hammies work so I probably full extended at the top. And now my numbers are finally better than before, since I changed my form from a SLDL/RDL type back swing with the bar shooting forward and back, to a quarter squat type jump with bar going up straight, using my legs and calves more. Makes it much easier to catch and I benefit more from em too.

So I'm converting my strength gains to power for sure, and the 3 inch ROM requires a bit of speed to get it up to my shoulders. These should be pretty close to where my powersnatch is with a high catch. My theory for me is when I get my powersnatch up to my bodyweight with a high catch I'll have a 40 inch vertical jump. So I'll need another 90lbs on my squat for that, which will also put my powerclean at 300lbs......then to get my bodyweight down to 200lbs or less...

warm ups - controlled - BWx8, Bar x 8, 95x8, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5

4-5mins rest
    Hold at middle on the way down, pause at bottom, driven up hard
    1) 315lbs x 3
    2) 315lbs x 3
    3) 315lbs x 3 (+1 extra set)

My form has really improved in the warmup regular squats as a result of doing squats like this. Really upright, forcing my hammies to do the work, without that slight GM I tend to do, and that sure makes the core work harder too.

Really feel like I'm finally making real brute strength gains.
    Up one set from last time, and I went slightly lower on the mid hold, which sure felt harder. 3rd set felt pretty tough, but no GM on the last rep, so I probably had a chance at getting a 4th full set, but gym was shutting so I had to leave it there. I'll get it next time and maybe a 5th set too, but I'm not doing any cleanpulls+eccentric RDLs together with em like before so that probably changes things. I figured I''d leave em out with the more frequent squatting this week

Man doing squats like this sure hammers the core way more than normal! Frontal ab wall and obliques felt jelly afterwards. Lower back was pumped and tight like hell too.

Monday 13th November

Sleep - 6.5 + 2 hours
    Waking Pulse - 65
    Mood - Average, slightly sleepy

Same deal with sleep as yesterday. Don't feel too bad, not sore either, just minor aches, but lower back feels thrashed.
    My legs have blown up, they are still only 28.5 inches, but they just look a lot bigger than before! Quads starting to dawrf the hammies...

Tuesday 14th November

Sleep - 6.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - 67
    Mood - Average, sleepy

Late night, not enough sleep. Body feels good, but achey feeling from the late night activity...

weighed 95.9kg 211lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Tuesday 14th November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 9 - Day 2 - Upper 2 Prehab_Rehab - Microcycle 10

Damn sleepy as hell during this workout...

Workout time - 1.75+ hours
    Workout rating - 7/10

General warm up -

1) whole body dynamic stretches and swings
    2) scapular push ups - on bench x12

Resting 1-2 min on warm ups and 3 mins between each exercise on work sets, 4 mins at end of each rotation

16inch grip standing Military Press - pushed behind the head at the top

Warm ups - with slight hold at top - Bar x 8, 95 x5, 115 x4, 135x3

controlled, hold at top, 2 sec pause at bottom
    Rotation 1) 155lbs x 5 --> medium strain on last rep
    Rotation 2) 155lbs x 5 (+1 rep)--> hard strain on last rep

Time to go up in weight, but I might just change the way I do em by adding a hold at the middle on the way down, like my squats, and so drop the weight a bit.

Pull Downs/Rows

warm ups - Shoulder width Pull downs, 2 sec hold on the last rep - 35kg x 10, 50kg x5, 65kg x3, 80kg x2, Pullup x 1

Pulldown - controlled, 2 sec hold at top, 2 sec hold at bottom
    Rotation 1) 80kg x 6

Dumbbell high angle Rows to ribcage - pulling with mid/lower traps and delts - hold at top
    Rotation 2) 45lbs x 12

I'm dropping the pullups. They just tighten up my lats too much, and I have a big flexibility issue there which the pullups don't help. I hate em anyway....
    Pulldowns don't hit my lats much, more scapular the way I do em.

Dumbbell Bench - arms/elbows by side - neutral grip

warm ups - 15lbs x10, 45x5, 70x5, 90x3,

controlled, 2 sec pause, shoulders pushed off bench at top
    Rotation 1) 95lbs x 8 (+1 rep) --> medium strain on last rep
    Rotation 1) 95lbs x 8 --> hard strain on last rep

Time to go up to 100lb dumbbells! Grip even stronger than last time, way easier to carry the 95s around today.
    I checked and 140lb dumbbells is the heaviest at my gym, not 120lbs like I thought

Dumbbell Curls

warm ups - 4kg x10, 25x5, 30x3, 35x2

controlled, hold at parallel on the way down, pause at bottom
    Rotation 1) 40lbs x 6 --> hard strain on last rep
    Rotation 1) 40lbs x 6 --> hard strain on last rep

yep, more holds Sure hits the biceps even harder doing it like this..funny I got the same reps on both sets..

-----------------------

Cooldown - Restorative - ISO stretches

Subscap raises 5kg x 15 (paused) + 35 sec Pec/Subscap stretched ISO hold

single arm Face Pulls - 35lbs x 6, 60lbs x 16 with hold on each rep

stretches etc

Wednesday 15th November

Sleep - 6.5 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Crappy, tired/sleepy

Took ages to sleep, and work up early. Mild drained feeling.
    Dunno what's up with my sleep, but it's getting worse...
    Upper body moderately sore, but finally nice to have no achey and tight lats for a change.

weighed 96.8kg 213lbs straight out of bed in underwear

Thursday 16th November

Sleep - 2 hour nap + 5 interrupted hours
    Waking Pulse - ?
    Mood - Average, tired/sleepy

Took ages to sleep again, kept tossing and turning all night and work up early!
    But I still got the ZMA dreams as well. Maybe I am starting to overeach or my diet needs to be sorted. Nap was quite late so it probbaly disrupted my sleeping patterns too.
    Upper body still a bit sore, hips/IT band feels tight and achey, need to stretch a bit

weighed 97.3kg 214lbs straight out of bed in underwear
    bloated with heavy carb intake yesterday

Thursday 16th November - Cycle 3 Get Lean+Maintain Strength - Week 9 - Day 3 - Lower Power/Strength - Micro cycle 10

Very cold, wet and windy today, so no running. Just went to gym to do the jumping and squats like I did this time last week, but with the calf, ab and hammie work at the end.
    Didn't feel the best but workout went well, getting much stronger and powerful!
    Long grueling workout. Made sure I drank a lot of water when I got home, I usually get bad quad cramps a few hours after training squats this hard if I don't

Workout time - 2 hours
    Workout rating - 8/10

General warm up -

standing on one leg, balancing, and with eyes shut - very stable - so I'm not over-reached....

2) back extension x 5 + 6 twisting to each side
    3) reverse hypers - BW x 6
    4) sit up complex on swiss ball
    5) various hops, prime times, running in the spot drills

Resting 2-3mins

Vertical Jumps and hops

Warm up - sets of 2-3 jumps going higher/harder each time

did these in between the warm up sets on squats from 185lbs to 335lbs

1) 5 hops on/off a 6 inch step
    rest 1min

2)
    a) standing Vertical jump,
    b) one step VJ
    c) 2 x running one legged jump
    d) 1 x three step VJ

sequence for 6 sets total

last 2 sets of jumps were explosive as hell. Standing VJ is up a bit, maybe as much as an inch, 3 step jump as well, but more from technique, just feels smoother. Hops not feeling so good today, probably from the squats proceeding them.
    Weighed 214lbs at the start, but all the drinking pushed me up to 216lbs on the sets I jumped the highest. Dang never thought I jump like this being this fat and heavy!

warm ups - controlled down, semi explosive up in sneakers - Bar x 8, 95x8, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5

Hold at middle on the way down, pause at bottom, driven up hard - 4.5 to 6 mins rest
    1) 315lbs x 3
    2) 315lbs x 3
    3) 315lbs x 3
    4) 315lbs x 3 --> +1 full set
    5) 315lbs x 2 --> failed on 3rd rep, a few inches off the bottom

Wooo, last Thursday, only 2 sets, a week later, almost 3 extra sets!
    The first set was so hard and wobbly, I thought no way I can match 3 sets I did last time, let alone get 5 sets, but the 2nd set felt a lot easier, and then I almost got 5 full sets, very close to grinding out that 3rd rep. I'll get it next time, and then onto 335lbs for at least 3x3 to hit my goal.

My CNS was probably in explosive mode from all the jumping and then switched to strain mode for the 2nd set onwards I guess..
    Man that was one nerve racking and gut busting workout, in a good way.
    I've never had my quads and lower back so pumped to the point of bursting!!
    Couldn't walk properly. No wonder they both feel so much bigger. Need to work the abs harder as it feels like my lower back is starting to get imbalanced with my abs.

Hopefully the results will make it worth the effort! It looks to be the case so far. 335lbs in the warmups is feeling much easier, I can lower it slowly and casually reverse it and stay really upright.
    When I hit my goal, please make my squat gain 40lbs!

---------

minimal rest between each exercise

Lat Machine situp - BW x 12 (progressively lower each rep with hold at bottom)
    hold at middle and bottom on each rep - dumbbell on chest - 25lbs x 6, 50lbs x 6

Standing Calf raise - Body weight - 10 sec stretched hold then 10 reps
    10sec hold + 5 reps with a hold at top, mid and bottom - 5 plates, 9 Plates ---> up 1 plate

Toe curls on lying leg curl machine - 10sec stretched hold + 5 reps with with a hold at top, mid and bottom + 5 sec stretched hold - 1 Plate, 2Plates, 3plates

Single Leg Seated Calf raise - one set for with just the machine's own weight, 10sec stretched hold then 10 reps,
    10sec hold + 5 reps with a hold at top, mid and bottom - 25lbs, 45lbs

Single Leg Standing leg Curl - hold at top, mid and bottom - 3 plates x 5, 5 plates x 5, 7 plates x 5 (+1 plate)

--

Friday 17th November

Sleep - 6 interrupted hours
    Waking Pulse - 66
    Mood - Average, tired

Same sleep issues - ages to fall asleep, topssing and turning and waking up early! Mild drained feeling, but it's hardly noticable.
    Achey all over, even my upper back and traps, but mostly in my calves, hammies, quads and lower back. There is this funny tightness to my outer quads.

look way leaner, that workout yesterday went through a ton of cals and water

Saturday 18th November

Sleep - 7 hours
    Waking Pulse - ?

Much better sleep, slept right up to the alarm waking me up for once.
    Still a bit battered all over.

Sunday 19th November

Sleep - 7 + 1 interuppted hours
    Waking Pulse - 63
    Mood - Slightly crappy, tired

Crap quality sleep, tossing and turning, plus pins and needles in my right arm!
    Feel kinda crappy, sore thoat too...from what I dunno, maybe the pepper I ate yesterday, or I'm overreaching now, but I didn't train yesterday...but perhaps my part time job in the morning pushed me over the edge...

achey upper back, and a tightness to my outer quads, so legs not recovered yet.

Last edited by Blitzforce; 11-19-2006 at 01:05 AM.