The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

6 SECOND ABS my A$$

OK so lets see how long it really does take to burn enough fat to create a 6 pack. My training portion began on the New Year. 20 Rep Squats are the basis for my leg day along with some isolation movements! (Uhm make no mistake about it 225X20 BURNS!) Since I work out 4 days a week I'll be doing 3 sets of Ab work every workout come hell or hi water! My diet I will incrementally clean up as I try to track my progress with a tape measure & calipers & scale. I'll be looking for help when I get stuck and thoughts on keeping most of the lean mass I have worked my ass off trying to get.
    Tonight it's delt & abs,Thursdays are Arms & Abs,Sat Chest & back & abs and Sundays are Legs & abs. I'll grab some stats and maybe a pic tomorrow. It's been a while since I posted up a pic (too lazy I guess) cause my camera SUCKS and I have to jump through hoops to upload it into my system and them post it only to have it look like crap. OH well phase 2 of my long term plan starts today.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good luck! If you get a six-pack, I'll be super pissed.

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    Dude all you need are some John Basedow "fitness made simple" video's,lol!

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

haha, LMAO @ John Basedow. After all, he is a "Fitness Celebrity."

The long battle of Wikked trying to see his abbs. They will become visible this time. I know it.

Ah yes, the obligatory new journal

My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

bone crusher
    Quote Originally Posted by Severed Ties
    Dude all you need are some John Basedow "fitness made simple" video's,lol!

ST
    lol!!

Good luck with the new journal, lets see those abs!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Do what I do. Eat burger king, have dessert every night, and do abs once or twice a week for a few minutes each.

It works.

People hate me.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

And good luck!
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

...clever journal title, you are sure to pull the 6 pack off -

Gal: prepare thyself to become LIVID!
    ST:Why the hell didn't you tell me this before you bastad!?
    Chris Russow:Celebrity? You guys holding out on me?
    Bruteman:This time there's no quitting and not even looking at the scale! Thanks man!
    the doc:C'mon you guys post the videos you know you pwn them!
    cphafner: Dude the minute I see them I'm posting a full blown 8x10 f****** glossy!
    Belial:Where'd they hide the hAet smiley? Thanks man!
    Cocoa: Thanks man..

Ok so here we go

Stats
    Weight
    :213 lbs
    Waist:This is the largest part of my waist over the handles of love and belly with no sucking it in. 37-1/2" (yes I still wear 33" waist pants and some 34" but I don't wear my pants up on my love handles) So for the recod the tape says 37-1/2" at my largest point this is where I will be measuring.
    Calipers say:10~14mm depending on where I'm taking 1 point 1 inch above my pelvic bone.
    This is a pure crap method and I would guess my BF% to be around 15-18% but that doesn't matter I'm looking for smaller waist,more veins,smaller caliper readings everythng else is really subjective!
    Diet:FILTHY I eat what I want, when I want ,OK so it's not full of junk but beer,birthday cake & Ice cream are regulars for the time being I will clean it up incrementally and hope I can progress 1/2 as well as ST does!
    Seated Smith Shoulder Press
    135X10
    135X10
    155X8
    155X6
    135X5
    The usual twosome of girls were doing SLDL in the power rack ,loose gray sweat shorts,boy the brunette has nice legs!

Bar Bell Shrugs
    225X10
    275X8
    315X5
    315X6
    225X12
    Yeah there was a lot of eye contact and visual flirting going on, I just smiled and enjoyed it all <ahem> Then OH hell I'll tell you in the randumbz

Front DB Raises
    30X12
    35X5/30X4
    30X7/20X4

Machine Laterals
    StackX9
    StackX7
    StackX4/116X3

Decline Sit Ups
    BwX25
    +10X24
    +10X16

Hanging Leg Raises
    BwX10
    BwX10

Tunz:Cast Me Aside-Drowning Pool

TEH RANDUMBZ:OK So I am doing my Shrugs in the cage and there's a flat bench to my left (pretty close to the cage) and a regular blonde who has a great body walks up smiles and motions if it's OK to use the bench ,sure I say expecting her to move it,instead she lays down on the damn thing right there and starts doing some leg raise and abs routine right there.....damn close to the bar and her loose clothes are all over the place. Gym full of mirrors and she rests while she's smiling and looking at me while I work and I'm trying to concentrate on my lifts meanwhile the Usual Tuesday girls are all giggley and watching from a distance. WHY the hell is this happening to me I wonder! I'm not complain or bragging I'll admit I like it but it's just entertainment! Could it be because I am having my wedding band resized? Nah I use gloves,oh well whatever it is I'll enjoy it...oh and one more thing LOTS of NEWBIES lots of CARDIO queens!! OH yeah spandex heaven!!Bring them on!
    Last edited by Wikked1; 01-05-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Ohh a new journal. Good luck on the quest for abs man. I am going to start that quest up again in mid Feb.

LOL, I also saw alot of new cardio queens today. It was funny, some of the ladies who had been working out 3 days a week for the past year could not get on a treadmill because they were all being used by the newbies. There are some new hotties that have ventured in, hope a couple stick around.
    Tuef = "I need to get my ego stroked more often."

Good luck. I'm sure you'll make it.

LMAO @ the new journal title. Good luck with the quest for abs Wikked!

I love it when cute girls do SLDL's.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Grumpy:Thanks man! Can't wait till tonight!
    TTT:Thanks man & welcome to my journal!
    Shane:Thank you ,yeah I want to have a whole gym full of cute grils just for motivational purpose of course! *cough cough*

DAMN gym was closed early yesterday due to some crappy weather so....I gotta do arms & abs tonight,Legs Sat,Chest& back on Sunday if I'm not skiing (weather & conditions depenedent)
    Sad story ahead: I quit ski patrolling 2 seasons ago because it was too damn time consuming. I worked Monday Nights & Saturdays (days),during my 5 years there Mondays seemed to be horrific for traumatic injuries. This was part of what led me to decide not to do it anymore. Seeing young kids realy hurt bad and having worked one scene where the poor kid didn't make it just sucks. (It's an odd thing but when something like that happens the memories are VERY clear & vivid and they never seem to go away) ANYWAY, I saw on the new this last Tuesday that the mountain had another fatality this year. (On a MONDAY night)
    I'll only say this once,if you ski or snowboard and you're young do NOT under estimate the danger that this sport presents. WEAR a DAMN HELMET! It could mean the difference between walking away and not! OK I'm off my soap box I consider my public service announcement fulfilled!
    Last edited by Wikked1; 01-07-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Man I miss going to a public gym. All I get to look at is my ugly mug in the mirror.

Nice session, and public service announcement.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

new journal hmmmm.. not a bad start wikked.. good luck on the 6 pack.. i really think you should try this new diet its called the water diet cause all you do is drink water.. give it a try and let me know how it goes :-)
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

I wannabebig!
    yay for cutting

Bruteman:Well then you'll just have to imagine "TEH GODDESS" (who hasn't been in forever BUT the replacements are just as good if not better(a lot more flirty)
    lilmase1153:Nah can't quite go there but don't think I haven't considered the liquid diet where it's all shakes and soup!
    ryuage:Thanks man,I hAet cutting after I hit that point of non progress!

Friday Arm day (Thurday gym closed the bastads)

New Arm Machine ss w/Dipz
    45X12 ~BWX15
    55X10~BWX15
    65X6/45X5~BWX12
    This is something new similar to a preacher curl but the burn really happens at the peak of bicep contraction.

Rev Grip Smith Press ss w/BB Curls
    195X7/155X3~65X10
    225X4/155X7~75X8
    245X3/175X6~75X6/65X2
    Barbell beat the hell out of my wrists arrrg~!

Tri Press Downs
    190X10
    205X6/190X3
    190X6/160X3

Cable Curls
    120X10
    140X9
    160X6

decline Sit ups
    BWX20
    BWX10
    BWX10
    Tweaked my lower back and still a bit sore today!

TUNZ:Battery-Metallica

TEH RANDUMBZ:Not a whole lot of people in there for a Friday.Pretty tame & lame!

Sat Chest & back

Incline DB press
    75X12
    80X8
    90X6

Incline DB flyes
    40X7 (done flat and changed to incline flat killed my shoulder joint)
    45X10
    60X8/40X2

Decline Smith Press
    225X6
    245X3/175X6
    245X3/195X3

Hypers
    (tried to help lower back)
    Wasn't happening
    BWX12

BO Rows
    135X12
    155X10
    175X10
    For some reason these felt great & I felt strong on them!

WG PUllups
    BwX7
    BWX6
    BWX8
    Last edited by Wikked1; 01-10-2005 at 07:45 AM.

Liked the session(s) bro, good job with all of it -

I wannabebig!
    some great sessions wikked

Cocoa:Thanks man!
    ryuage:Thank you.

SQUATZ
    135X8
    245X10
    275X6
    225X10
    I just didn't have the 20 in me ( i thought about it with 245 but my lower back was hAeting on me as it was and there was some distraction going on.

Lying Leg Curlz
    120X10
    120X9
    120X8

Standing Calf Raises
    200X10X2
    250X4/190X5

Seated Calf Raises
    125X12
    160X10
    205X6/160X5/125X4/80X5/45X10

Machine Leg Press
    310X18
    390X10
    StackX6
    450? I think??
    Really wanted to do Leg Extensions but it was far too long of a wait so I said screw it
    TUNZ:Tattooed Dancer-Ozzy

TEH RANDUMBZSo I guess the decline situp really tweaked my back (I tossed and turned (VERY slowly) last night with my good buddy the Heating pad!Still frigging sore I can't figure out why really! Anyway I'm in the squat rack and who comes to work out beside me? Hot bodied racquet ball blonde,we strike up small talk (hey she's one of the few I'll turn off the MP3 Player for :evillaugh ! So she's doing this OH dbext move and yeah every time she does it her shirt rides up her flat tan torso.
    uhmm am I SUPPOSED to LOOK? Well I'm not dead yeat,but how can I concentrate on my squats when she's doing that and smirking (cause I swear to god she's doing to so I'll look) and then she has the gall to bend over to change dbs but not way down at the other end right beside me! I HAD to look,the thong was obvious and damn mirrors in the gym she caught me and smiled an evil grin. Fantastic body for her age! Fantastic body for any age really and a charming personality so for a few moments I forgot my aching back and squatted! I skied Sunday and there was no way I was doing legs after that! I have been mulling over the idea of hitting the gym in the mornings again (just for a change) BUT all that eye candy....hmmmm what to do!!!

Nice sessions man. Sounds like the raquetball girl is stalking you. LOL
    Tuef = "I need to get my ego stroked more often."