Thread: Another protein question.

Another protein question.

I was wondering if anyone has made gains on less than 1g of protein per 1lbs of weight. I weigh 154-160 and when i get back to school i will not be able to afford 160g of protein a day. It will be more like 80-100g a day. Do you think i will still be able to gain? If it makes a difference i have a hard time adding weight already.
    Deal with it.

Tuna is a relatively cheap way to get protein in ya, eh?,..it's like 3/1.00 here and each can holds...what..30+ grams of protein each,eh?

Try to eat as much as you can,eh.

Ecoli die
    You can gain lean mass on less than 1g/BW protein per day. May not be the optimal amount, but more than enough for gaining lean mass.

I'm curious as to why you can't get more protein though if you want it? Are you not going to eat meat or something? Even if you aren't, lots of veggies have protein (spinach being my favorite at the moment)
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Whey powders are vegan..no?

Nope. Made from milk.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I won't be able to buy protein shakes anymore. i'm only going to have about $30-40 a week for food because i will be at college.
    Deal with it.

I wannabebig!
    you can easily buy enough food for that much

without tuna? thats canadian too.
    Deal with it.

canadian tuna? tuna/eggs are an affordable source of quality preotein..........

i hate tuna though
    Deal with it.

LoL...your last post and your signature don't really add up Feven :-P
    Last edited by the_T_man; 08-08-2002 at 09:00 PM.
    Got Milk?

Hey buddy I hate tuna too. but you know what, bodybuilding is about sacrifice. While eating tuna may not be a big sacrifice, it's definitely something I wouldn't do if I weren't BB. Anyways to you Fevan I say too bad down it anyways if you want to see any gains. Deal with it.

Grasshoppa
    Suck it up and eat the tuna.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

first off... the answer to your question is yes you sure can gain lean mass on less than 1:1 per day, it may not be ideal as was said before, but also keep this in mind, the body has a very strong tendency to compensate for whatever inadeqecy (sp?) it is faced with... although debated, with lowered protein intake, the body will increase the enzymes and the efficiency/method used for utilization of protein and protein synethesis... that is not to say you don't need alot of protein, but that the body often helps out when not enough is around.... to an extent... imean if you are only taking in 50 grams per day then that will not cut it by any means.

Now, there are lots of ways to get that protein that you say you can't get... One is to buy cheap powders in bulk (www.allsportsnutrition.com for 10 pound bag of Optimum Nutrition Whey protein for 50 dollars AFTER tax and shipping.... or www.proteinfactory.com) However as we all know, most whey powders are quickly digested and absorbed and should only be used for pre and post workout meals unless they HAVE to replace a solid food meal because they do not provide the slow and constent supply of aminos that slower proteins do (milk, eggs, meats.. etc..).

Try buying chicken breasts in bulk and use the powder and tuna as you see fit for your budget.. hope this helps, take care.

Is there any online shop that also sells the 10 lbs bag of whey proteine outside US , im living in europe (belgium) ??

Need those large baggs too , here they cost like 60$ for 4 lbs

Yeh you guys got me about the sig. but if have tried tuna 6 times in the last 3 months and i always throw it up while eating it or with in 2 minutes.

thanks for the sites night top, do they ship to canada?
    i figure that i can get 100-125g a day with out tuna and powder.
    Deal with it.