Thread: Please Review My Diet

Please Review My Diet

Hello folks, I've recently been eating like a horse (a clean horse!), and I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers on when the best time is to eat certain foods.

Right now, my daily diet looks something like this:

Wake up
    First meal:
    4 scrambled eggs (3 yolks) with picante sauce
    Glass of fruit juice
    EFA Supplement

Second Meal:
    Protein Shake (3 scoops of whey, 60g protein total) with banana and milk

Third Meal:
    2 cans of tuna fish w/4 slices of whole wheat toast

Fourth Meal:
    Medium sized chicken breast with picante sauce

Workout

Post Workout Meal:
    1 cup of pistachios (before removing shells) and Protein/Creatine shake (2 scoops of whey, 40 g, and 2 scoops of creatine)

Last Meal:
    Medium Sized Chicken Breast w/picante sauce

For someone looking to gain, does this diet look effective? I'm trying to keep my carbs relatively low because I don't want to get terribly fat while bulking, and my creatine powder alone has 75 carbs/serving. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to count the calories yet, I'll post an update when I get it figured. Could anyone give me a rough estimate on how many I'm taking in? My diet stays pretty much indentical to this on a day-to-day basis.

Well, if you are looking to gain mass while keeping carb low.......

I would add some more protein to your breakfast. Either a few more egg whites or some lean beef or cottage cheese. I would also add some fat to your 2 chicken and picante sause meals. A salad with vinegar and oil dressing would be a good idea. I would also make your second meal your post workout meal (because it is high in carbs and low fat) and put the creatine in that shake and have your nuts and whey shake as your second meal.
    Just some suggestions.

Thanks for your response, gopher. I just went and analyzed my daily diet and it came out looking like this:

3090 calories
    73 g fat
    264 g carbohydrates
    318 g protein

That comes out to an 11/40/49 split. I realize that my fat intake is low, but I've been taking an essential fatty acid supplement. For a 6' 160 lb 17 year old looking to bulk, does this look effective?

when bulking you'll have to consume more carbs. Also add more carbs post-workout. Try doing 2 cardio sessions a week if you don't want to get too fat. Other than need carbs looks good bro good luck!

Sweet, thanks for the advice Tree. How long should these cardio sessions go on for?

try 30-40 minutes a piece. Goodluck packing on the muscle bud!

Looks like a good place to start.........

If you find that you are not gaining weight then I would suggest you bump up the carbs. If you are looking to gain mass I would keep the cardio sessions shorter and more intense. Personally I do 2 20 minute sessions per week when I'm trying to gain. Many people will tell you to do no cardio at all but I feel it is important to maintain cardiovascular health even when bulking.

Great, I really appreciate the help guys. I've made some alterations to my diet, you can see it in my journal if you'd like.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=18121

I'm going to throw in cardio sessions on Tuesdays and Saturdays.