Thread: Cardio before Lifting?

Wannabebig Member

Cardio before Lifting?

I'm new, of course... so what I'm wondering is does a Cardio workout (10-15 minutes) on the treadmill, elipsor or whatever hurt or help before lifting. I usually do so, then go do my routine for the day. Or does it do neither?

PR blaster!
    It would probably hurt your lifting. Do it either after lifting or on non-lifting days.

A. F.
    I'd say that depends on how tired you are after 10-15 minutes. After 10-15 minutes of running I'm pretty much ready to pass out (yes, very bad, I know.) so it wouldn't be a smart choice for me. But if for you 10-15 minutes is a breeze I'd say go for it just to warm up..

just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    I'd say that depends on how tired you are after 10-15 minutes. After 10-15 minutes of running I'm pretty much ready to pass out (yes, very bad, I know.) so it wouldn't be a smart choice for me. But if for you 10-15 minutes is a breeze I'd say go for it just to warm up..

just my 2 cents.
    10-15 minutes is not much of a cardio workout though. Like you said "just to warm up." That is fine and a good idea. I'm with sysopt on this one though.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

A. F.
    Originally posted by NateDogg

10-15 minutes is not much of a cardio workout though.

yea but it kills me

10-15 min is great, for a warm-up. If you want a TRUE cardio session go 30-45 min AFTER your workout. Of course if your cutting do cardio more often and if your gaining do less and all that other crap.