Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Kennelly benches 800 lbs

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Rock, I didn't think human biomechanics would actually let you squat to the ground low enough so that Cent's ass could touch.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

ah jeez, hehehe.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Mystic Eric
    hahah I can see Rock doing dick deadlifts while he's got his madonna playing "Like a virgin"

lol
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

ah yeah..thats ehm...NASTY!!!!! jeez enough there shal never be a gay joke again! the next who does a rock is gay joke is going to get his ass kicked.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Originally posted by Rock
    ah yeah..thats ehm...NASTY!!!!! jeez enough there shal never be a gay joke again! the next who does a rock is gay joke is going to get his ass licked.

BAD moderator, BAD!
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

ooh ok, its okay, I am secure on my on road signs, and the chicken is always hungry for some bread and jam!

hah!! decode that one and make it sound gay.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Well, chicken is another word for cock (as in "choking your chicken"), "bread" is interchangeable with "buns", and you would have to "jam" it in, since the average sphincter (at least outside of Norway) is pretty tight.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    wow that was clever Gyno
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Wow...wow.

If you listen to the audio, you can hear the announcer say 'Ryan this is your chance to show all those guys on the internet... your chance to show up all those guys on the internet.'

So HA!

Shirt? I doubt that shirt helped him do anything but keep his back intact on that lift. Shirts dont help that much on heavy poundages, especially as much as 800lbs.

He did look like he had a rep or two in him, too.

Alright guys. I was informed by e-mail that this thread was here. I am a powerlifter. I compete using the exact same shirt that Ryan uses. Of course mine is much, much smaller than his.

I get a shitload of help out of a shirt. Some people get a ton of help, and some don't get much of anything. It is people who either don't get much from a shirt, or who know nothing about them that are usually the biggest shirt haters.

Well, let me put this little debate to rest, I hope. As a powerlifter, I could give a **** what the average Joe or Jane thinks of my shirt. I bench over 500 lbs. Kennely benches a bit over 800 lbs. I don't know how much he gets from his shirt, but I get over a hundred pounds from mine.

A friend of mine currently holds the world record at 220 with a 625 bench. He uses a double ply shirt as well, and has never been able to get more than 30 lbs out of a shirt. Some get a lot of help, some, like Glenn Chabot, for example, get very little out of a shirt.

I get a ton of people disliking me to the point that I have actually recieved death threats if you can believe it, cause I get so much out of a shirt. But the point is, no matter what kind of magical, super duper shirt you are wearing, you still have to lock that bar out.

If anyone reading this thinks these shirts are doing all the work, I would love for you to come and train with me, or if you are really manly, go train with Ryan. I know how to get ahold of him, he and his training partner who is a 600 plus bencher himself, are both very helpful and would love to spot you on an 800 bench.

Try a rack lockout with a close grip for the last 3 or 4 inches of your press with 600 lbs. Once you have done that, then come talk to me. I have done this.

Non-powerlifters talking bad about using shirts and squat suits makes about as much sense as it would for me to bad-mouth the use of body oil and artificial tans in bodybuilding. I don't know **** about that, so I keep my damn mouth shut on the subject.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But remember, opinions are a lot like assholes, everyone has one, they all usually stink, and I could care less about anyone else's but my own.

B.

But he cant lift 800lbs with out a shirt? so then he cant lift it.
    Last edited by Rock; 08-10-2002 at 11:26 AM.

If you know how to reach him, why not ask him what he benches without the shirt? I am curious, maybe he is one of those guys who gets a lot of help.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I would venture to guess that even Ryan himself does not know. He would not max his raw bench in training and risk tearing a pec. Plus, he is not benching raw at the meet, so all he needs to know is that his speed and lockout power is good.

I guarantee that he would make 4-5 plates look like he was throwing up 135 if he wanted. On the old Westside bench tape Halbert throws up 405 on decline like it was nothing. 315 looks like it is going through the roof and he ends up at like 6 plates I think. Halbert is not as strong of a bencher as Kenelly, nor as big so I am sure Kenelly can throw around some massive weights raw if that was his thing.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

sounds cool

Many of the pro BodyBuilders can lift some good poundages, In Flex there was a picture of Dennis james doing 448lbs in the incline bench for some reps, if anyone cares, hehe...and with out a shirt...but the steroids helped him more than enough I guess.

sounds cool

Many of the pro BodyBuilders can lift some good poundages, In Flex there was a picture of Dennis james doing 448lbs in the incline bench for some reps, if anyone cares, hehe...and with out a shirt...but the steroids helped him more than enough I guess.

Alot of the photos in Flex are faked, the bodybuilder cannot really do that much, they just show him holding it and say that they lift that much.

there was a picture of Dennis james doing 448lbs in the incline bench for some reps, ...but the steroids helped him more than enough I guess.
    You think Kennelly is a natty? lol
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

Nate Allen, he claimed it him self, I, Dennis James can lift this much, the article opened with, and this is partly why, he began explaining...ect, I dont doubt that the biggest raw bench with a guy that isnt so fat that he has 0 ROM, is a pro bodybuilder.

Belial I dont think he is natural, I went did some searches on him and read somewhere that he uses steroids.

Nate Allen, he claimed it him self, I, Dennis James can lift this much, the article opened with, and this is partly why, he began explaining...ect, I dont doubt that the biggest raw bench with a guy that isnt so fat that he has 0 ROM, is a pro bodybuilder.

Almost all articles in flex are Ghost written, so don't believe what you read, there about as real as the routines. ****, Ronnie Coleman said he's natural.

I never met a powerlifter with 0 ROM, anthony clark was the closest. Glen Chabot( currently the world's best raw bencher) how quite a large ROM, and is far from fat.

oh yeah!!!!!

hehe, well for some reason I would like a BB to claim the bench/incline because they look so much better....but Dorian Yates or Mike Mentzer could be close to the raw Bench records, that might just be, letme do some searching.

Belial I dont think he is natural, I went did some searches on him and read somewhere that he uses steroids.
    All the elite powerlifters do these days. (I'd wager, as this is what I've heard. Seems too obvious, but... Paul Anderson, for example, was a beast without them. At least, I believe he never used them. Ah hell, I dunno.)
    Last edited by Alex.V; 08-10-2002 at 03:14 PM.

oh yeah!!!!!

hehe, well for some reason I would like a BB to claim the bench/incline because they look so much better....but Dorian Yates or Mike Mentzer could be close to the raw Bench records, that might just be, letme do some searching.
    I don't think either of them are even close, Ronnie Coleman probabley comes the closest. He is by far the strongest bodybuilder out there.

Originally posted by Belial

All the elite powerlifters do these days. (I'd wager, as this is what I've heard.)

Yep, All elite ATHLETES do these days. Even John MCRenroe the tennis player took steriods!

Originally posted by nate allan

Yep, All elite ATHLETES do these days. Even John MCRenroe the tennis player took steriods!

lol. True that.... though I wonder about certain sports.... Though I guess one could even find a use for anabolics in golf and ping pong.

PS- McEnroe must have pioneered halo. That boy had attitude.