Thread: Time for a Change

Time for a Change

Well, back in Phoenix again visiting family and friends. So, I went to the gym yesterday, Pure Fitness is the name. Don't be fooled by the name, this place has some hardcore mofos in it. As some of you may recall, last time I went I saw a guy doing 405 for clean reps on the barbell incline (not a Smith machine). Anyway, I was again reminded of how small I am yesterday. First, I went to visit my buddy at work, and he is back in the gym and huge. Then, at the gym, I saw 2 people. One was a female bodybuilder whose traps and delts made mine look silly, the other was a bodybuilder/powerlifter who had amazing upper body development. He was wearing a sweatshirt and pants, but I could tell he had huge legs as well. This guy was probably 5'9" or so, and must weigh in the 280 + range. His shoudlers, traps, and chest were amazing to look at!

Now, as of late I have tweaked my back a bit deadlifting, and it seems to be recovering too slowly for my taste. This fact, combined with my experience at the gym yesterday has led me to decide to go on a bit of a hypertrophy routine. My strength is quite good, but I am now not quite content with my size. I will drop the deads for a little while, and I will increase my reps and volume a tad. I will give this some more thought and get back to you all with the routine, or just post it in my journal. I weighed 216 lbs at the gym yesterday. I think I would like to get to 225 or so, without adding much fat.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    good post, chris mason.

i need some advice from you.

i am doing a 3 day split

Mon-chest/shoulders/triceps
    Wed-legs/calves
    Fri-back/biceps

Alright, my question is: I do squats on wed, and then on fri i would like to do deadlifts, for the back, but i know that deadlifts work your legs a lot too, so what should i do??

i like the split i have now cause i do my upper body on monday, and then i do it again on fri, which gives me lots of time to recover. should i just do squats one week? and then deadlifts the next?

Re: Time for a Change

Good luck chris!! And you are FAR from small, lol.

Your strength is truly amazing chris. Its going to fun watching you train for hypertrophy. How is your routine / rep scheme going to be different from what it is now? Just higher reps?

Simplistic
    good luck and yeah, you are already huge, but I guess it's all relative.

Will you be changing your diet?

3:16
    how lond do you expect to take to get 225?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

You know, I haven't really thought about it. I suppose it will all depend on how much fat I put on. I would hope to be able to do it in a couple of months (without adding much fat).

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    for some reason I thought you benched close to that 405 incline.. Of course, flat bench compared to incline is kinda a bad comparison but that shouldn't make you feel small.

I never read your journal but for some reason i think you bench about 385.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Well, I don't bench anymore. I was doing reverse grip recently, but that was the first benching I had done in a long time. Injuries preclude benching for me. When I was younger I benched 405 for a double. Of course I was bigger then and had experimented with steroids. I could also do upper 300s on the incline.

The problem is that at the gym here in Phoenix I see quite a few juice monkeys, and I realize how big I could be if I chose to be. I suppose it is silly of me, but I can't help it. I am very competitive, and seeing these guys makes me want to be bigger.

everybody wants to be bigger than everbody else,so its not silly chris
    Started Lifting Again!
    Msn Messenger: delveyboy@hotmail.com
    Im always pissed off and have occasional peaceful spells - By MrWebb78
    Nothing says masculin like a dump on the floor - by Intensity

Very curious to see how your training is going to change chris, keep us updated. You have been doing such low reps in your journal its going to be nuts with you doing higher reps.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    C'mon, Chris.. Just a little bit of Anadrol can't hurt.. DO it... Do it... Yes.......
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

dont listen to him chris!!!! do it natural like Scandinavians.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Chris, we all know your joints are just getting too old to lift heavy
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    bump