Thread: Progress pictures, please be kind =)

Progress pictures, please be kind =)

Hey i have been working out hard for 3 weeks. Lifting 3 times a week and hitting one body part one time per week. My diet has also dramatically changed. I went from eating brownies every day to tuna and chicken.

I have been averaging

2300 calories daily
    50 fat grams
    400 carbs
    200 grams protein

My starting weight was 203 on july 12
    It is now aug 4 and my weight is 200.5.

Tell me if you can see any difference. Also the pictures suck. My web cam sucks. And my lighting sucked. I am sorry for the obvious lighting differences in the pics.

This is fron relaxed from july 12
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Poor is the pupil that does not surpass the master"

bicep flexxed july 12th

sorry forgot pic

bicep flexed july 12th

front relaxed 3 weeks later aug 3

and finally biceps 3 weeks later aug 3

Please be kind, i know you cant see much in 3 weeks but my goal so far has been for some fat loss and then i will try to get bigger.
    Last edited by EVO; 08-04-2002 at 08:52 PM.

Here this is an all in one pic to make easier to compare.

Wannabebig Member
    I see an improvement.

Good work.

Props to EVO
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

hey thanks oscar and big!

When i see a difference, even a small difference like this, it makes me wanna go that much harder. Thanks for the positive reamkrs

Your makin some progression there, good job.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

oh and i almost forgot.

Along with tracking EVERYTHING i eat. I am also taking creatine, whey protein, and a multivitamin from GNC twice a day. Twice on the vitamin that is

I see a difference. Certainly looking leaner. Looks like you've lost a little fat and added a bit of muscle. Good job!
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Wannabebig Member
    yea it does look like you lost some fat and gained muscle. If you dont mind me asking what didyou do in the past 3 weeks to getwhere you are?

hey man thanks.

Oscar i am not an expert or anything but i will tell you what i did.

For one thing i bought a legal pad and started writing down everyhting that i ate. My girlfriend thought i was nuts for keeping it.
    I keep track of 4 things.
    Calories
    Carbs
    Protein
    fat

My averages are listed in my first post in this thread.

I eat tons of skinless chicken breast, tuna, and eggs now.
    No joke, 1 month ago i would buy 2 packs of brownies a week and eat them only to buy more. I drank cokes all the time. Since 3 weeks ago i have went out to eat 2 times and drank maybe 1 coke.
    I get 200 grams or more of protein a day thanks to my diet and the whey protein. I also take creatine and a multi vitamin.

I do my back, bi's, and forearms on Sunday
    legs and mid section of tuesday
    chest, triceps, and shoulders or thursday.

I picked this schedule so i could workout on days that i didnt have to work.

I do about 10 sets for big body parts and 5 for smaller body parts like biceps. I also do low reps, usually 5 reps per set for big muscle groups like chest, back, and thighs.

I am not sure if what i am doing is correct but it seems to be working for me so i will keep with it

I also try to get in a protein shake after i get done working out.

Hey man if you have any other questions about what i do i will be happy to go into further detail. Like i said i dont know much but i am willing to share what little i do know. And if i am wrong im sure these guys will set me straight.

Oh and i think what has helped me the most is that my body was/ still is in a pretty bad shape. I mean my diet sucked, my lifestyle sucked. By this i mean no physical activity other than my job. I mean 203 lbs and only 6 feet tall isnt exactly prime condition for my bodyfat count. I am not sure what it is but i am sure that it is pretty high.
    So i think my body would have reacted to jsut about anything at this point.
    Last edited by EVO; 08-04-2002 at 11:18 PM.

the kid from oz
    did you grow about a foot aswell? in the second one u look taller ha ha

nah good work u look better already

EVO:

Good work man, keep it up.

thanks again

wow it does look like im taller in the later pictures. I guess i must have been close to my little pc cam.

A. F.
    "I am also taking creatine, whey protein, and "

In my experience creatine kind of tricks you... Once you stop taking it you become a bit smaller (creatine makes your cells hold more water, "buffing you up" as an effect). I know that when i stopped taking creatine I lost strength and became a bit smaller.

I doubt you need to take anything... I'd say just work hard and do it naturally..

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    ... I'd say just work hard and do it naturally..

"As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Wannabebig Member
    Good job. Looks like you lost some from your mid-section. Love handles are much smaller.