Thread: Slamming apple sauce post workout...

Slamming apple sauce post workout...

Does anybody eat apple sauce post workout?

I normally get about 80g of carbs from apple sauce and 50g of protein from protein powder after my workout. What are your opinions on this? Is apple sauce high GI?

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    apples have tons of fructose, whichis great for energy for ur workout. i'd recommend eating it before workout, b/c fructose won't spike ur insulin like other sugars, it might not be any good for after workout unless u want to replenish carbs. forgot the Gi, but i remember it doesn't mean anything b/c of the chemistry of the sugar, and hwo they give the GI number to all sugars in general.
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

Adding to what Podium has already stated...once liver glycogen stores are full any remaining sugars will be secreted as serum glucose and "may" be used to restore muslce glycogen. the only real problem I can see with using apple sauce post workout would be a longer digestion time (25 minutes +) when compared to many other sources of simple sugars...apple juice would be better than apple sauce