The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wait, any reson why developing the brachialis -- preacher curl is even better than hammer curl -- wouldn't push the biceps up somewhat?

how does the preacher hit the brachialis more than a hammer curl???
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

my biceps are only 1/8 of and inch wide but I got a great peak
    rub a peice of cold pizza on them and then wrap them in aluminum foil before bed, when you wake up you should have at least a 1/2 inch to your peak

Banned
    Originally posted by captain piddles
    my biceps are only 1/8 of and inch wide but I got a great peak
    rub a peice of cold pizza on them and then wrap them in aluminum foil before bed, when you wake up you should have at least a 1/2 inch to your peak
    Bah, everyone knows that. You can add a half inch to ANYTHING with that treatment.

The hammer curl is primarily an exercise for the brachioradialis. If you look at exrx.net, I don't think it even makes it into the list of upper arm exercises, it's considered a forearm exercise.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ammerCurl.html

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...acherCurl.html

Originally posted by Callahan

Bah, everyone knows that. You can add a half inch to ANYTHING with that treatment.

anything?!?!?!?!!!!

HMMM

DO some incline curls to target the outter head for some height

DO some incline curls to target the outter head for some height

ok, please either edit that post with a smiley so we know it's a joke or prepare for the flame war
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Incline curls do put the outer head in a more favourable position for maximal strength and recruitment.

In any other curls, the outer head is shortened and cannot contract as effectively. I cna definitely feel the stress and pump more on the outter head in Incline Curls, especially 20 degree to flat bench.

Bodydrag curls are similar but with a bar
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 08-08-2002 at 05:31 PM.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    make an incision along the peak, insert one (1) Softball, sew shut with sutures.

Hey if McDonald's gets sued I should be facing class action lawsuits by next week for this gem...

I love cats
    Ok nm, they started peaking, got an inch on them last night. I was watching this show on animal planet where a guy got stung by a jellyfish so he peed on the wound and it healed. You'd be surprised what a little urine can do.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAA destram

Wannabebig Member
    I joined the WBB forum to get advice and help from the men and woman who have been working on building their bodies. Hoping to learn from those who know.
    Thinking that everyone was interested in helping people like me to improve my routines. Being an older (46) beginner I was hoping I could learn and develope this old body into something better then I have had.
    But seems as though all I read is mostly smart ass replies and put downs to the various questions from others like my self. I am very disappointed I think I will search for another forum
    Bobby
    bappel@orgill.com

Originally posted by Bobbytn
    I joined the WBB forum to get advice and help from the men and woman who have been working on building their bodies. Hoping to learn from those who know.
    Thinking that everyone was interested in helping people like me to improve my routines. Being an older (46) beginner I was hoping I could learn and develope this old body into something better then I have had.
    But seems as though all I read is mostly smart ass replies and put downs to the various questions from others like my self. I am very disappointed I think I will search for another forum
    I for one am sorry to hear that. However, you must realize that the same questions get answered over and over again here. People post questions that have been asked 25 times already that week. There is a search function that should ALWAYS be used before asking ANY question, IMO. The problem is that people want someone to just tell them what they want to hear without putting forth any effort whatsoever. It gets frustrating after a while. That, coupled with the neverending battle against the popular muscle magazines saying that "inclines target the upper chest," "high repetitions is the key to burning fat," et al, makes humor a necessary evil when questions such as this are posed here.

Please stick around. Use the search function, and when a sincere effort is applied to answering your own question, but yields more questions, no answer or both, then post your question.

That is all.

NateDogg
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska