Thread: Picking Your College Major / Minor

Picking Your College Major / Minor

I cant decide what to do! I dont have to know for 2 years but I would like to get some general knowledge on all of this. I am thinking about doing physical therapy. That sounds like a good idea I think. Or maybe majoring in exercise physiology or exercise science or nutrition. But I dont know where I could go with that.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    the cource im doin at uni is called commerce, it had 12 different possible major's in it, which was kinda the reason why i selected it, because i wasnt sure of what i wanted to major in, but i knew it was something to do with business, the 1st year consisted of all core units and 2nd 3rd and 4th if you get selected to do honors are subjects that are chosen by you.. im not sure if thats how the uni's in the stats work, but if your still unsure about what you want to do, if u can, pick a cource that has a variaty of possible majors in it, so incase u change your mind, you havnt wasted more than a semester at uni..
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Banned
    Don't sweat it Monstar. Odds are you'll change your mind 10 times between now and 2 years from now, plus once you're actually IN your course, you may change your mind again...

I don't know how typical I am, but I changed majors twice before settling on one major and progressing through, and even with Psych, I changed my area of concentration twice...

Between age 17 and now, I went from architecture to molecular biology to computer science to kinesiology to criminal justice.

As I aged, my life outlook and priorities changed. So did my desires for my future. Mike, if I changed my mind that much, I can only imagine what will happen with you.

The best advice I can give is to keep all your classes general until you really know what you want to do. That way, if you end up changing your mind (I can't imagine that happening, not you) you'll have the foundation set and will only have to worry about the specific classes for your major.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    if you end up changing your mind (I can't imagine that happening, not you) \

...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Stay undeclared until you are sure of what you wanna do.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Good advice, too bad nobody will follow it
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Honestly I would say to choose a major in something that you enjoy like physical therapy, exercise physiology etc. You know you will be involved in sports for the rest of your life. But don't stop there, think about the big picture and plan ahead. Maybe a MBA in the future etc.

One can never acquire too much formal education in this day and age...